• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

St. James Park - Championship Ground

Andy_H

Smart job that
No cost put on it and only 8k capacity!

Arthur Davey

I was always fascinated by this one...

Attachments

Bridgy 81

Those photos are of The Dell, Southampton I believe.
I’ve read the weird, elevated areas of terracing in the first one were affectionately known as the chocolate boxes.
I nearly got to see them once.
When I was young we were on holiday somewhere on the South Coast and being football mad I badgered my parents to take me to a game there.
We turned up and thought it seemed very quiet.
I’m not sure how we discovered the awful truth but the date of the fixture had been changed for some reason and the match had already been played!
I suppose those sort of things happened from time to time pre-internet.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I saw this on FB from Peckham Town, and wondered if it would do for the gap?

peckham_town.jpg

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I saw this on FB from Peckham Town, and wondered if it would do for the gap?

View attachment 13561
All that is missing is a kennel for the obligatory dog ! 🐕

Grecianman135

Looks very dangerous..

Arthur Davey

Looks very dangerous..
IMG-20231201-WA0016.jpg

Arthur Davey

Another one for the collection 😉 (1995)FB_IMG_1710048640358.jpg

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought I'd bring this thread back rather than entirely derail the home ticket news thread...

When I was looking at the Nevada stand on Saturday I was wondering why, when it was built, the building at the back didn't extend to the end of the stand. Another bit of short-sightedness?

It looks like there would just about have been enough space And we'd have far more corporate hospitality space.

Screenshot_20240408_215757_Maps.jpg

Would that ever be an enhancement we'd be looking at? Obviously the memorial garden is located there now so might need relocation if we did.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought I'd bring this thread back rather than entirely derail the home ticket news thread...

When I was looking at the Nevada stand on Saturday I was wondering why, when it was built, the building at the back didn't extend to the end of the stand. Another bit of short-sightedness?

It looks like there would just about have been enough space And we'd have far more corporate hospitality space.

View attachment 15227

Would that ever be an enhancement we'd be looking at? Obviously the memorial garden is located there now so might need relocation if we did.
I suggested this to Norrie Stewart when he was here, the intention was to put in more exec boxes. Norrie actually priced up the project and it could have paid for itself in a short period of time. The Trust could even have had one box. Not sure what prevented it in the end.