• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stand up if you hate the Brighton's stewards

Jersey Tone

Bit of a old hobby horse but I'm going to have a moan anyway. Apparently when they came to Brighton the Leeds and Millwall fans stood up throughout the entire game. Not a word said to them.

A few City fans stand up, no complaints from anyone, and over came the fluorescent jacket brigade to assert their authority. Created a bit of a situation where one didn't previously exist.

Their crowning moment was yet to come though. After they made a pigs ear of 'sorting' the 'problem' one City fan decided he was going to express his view to them on the way to the toilet. The guy in question was an old boy (no offence intended), City diehard (can't recall an away game when I haven't seen him) and completely harmless. Next time I saw him was outside the ground. Four 'brave' stewards waited outside the toilet for him and then ejected him.

Oh, and some Albion fans in the South Stand were allowed to stand for the whole 90 minutes. Strange how City were singled out but not them, Leeds or Millwall. They certainly couldn't have been worried about the ground being smashed up!!

Rant over!!!

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agree with you JT, I have no problem with being told to sit but I do have a problem being told to sit when no effort is made to get their own fans to sit. We in vain tried to tell the stewards this but it kept falling on deaf ears. 3 more City fans got ejected during the 2nd half. It really f*cks me off when things like this happen, as we chanted 'Double Standards' to them to just try and get the message across. The view wass sh*te enough from that stand as it is.

Jersey Tone

Agree with you JT, I have no problem with being told to sit but I do have a problem being told to sit when no effort is made to get their own fans to sit. We in vain tried to tell the stewards this but it kept falling on deaf ears. 3 more City fans got ejected during the 2nd half. It really f*cks me off when things like this happen, as we chanted 'Double Standards' to them to just try and get the message across. The view wass sh*te enough from that stand as it is.
We were an easy target for them, they wouldn't have dared touch Leeds or Millwall, or even their own. Like yourself I don't have a problem being told to sit down....if I'm annoying someone!!...but the view was so bad you really needed to be stood up to get anything like value for your £20!!!But what ****** me off more than anything was the way they picked on the old geezer when there was no-one else around to help him stand his ground. There were a couple of younger lads around me who one of the stewards got narked with but he was forced to back off once a few others started to push back. The old boy though....well he had no such luck!!

Darren Moxey

Resigned
Sour grapes?

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
They will pick on the easiest targets as they are cowards. Simple as. Have to agree on this. If the home fans are being told to sit down then fair enough.

Remember it being the same at Shrewsbury last year, when the stewards kept telling us to sit down, and we told em we would when their fans did the same

Last edited:

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm not doing it cos they're not doing it blah blah blah.

Grow up ffs. Sit down, watch us get beat, and go home.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Where we were, they were getting those of us at the back to sit down first. Which is a bit pointless if you can't then see!

LOG

I concur with manc.

Away fans will always be treated differently to home fans. Why do you think our away end is like it is?

As for the old boy, tough.

wemissmoxey

the stewards yesterday were not great but how often are they ?

I would be more concerned about the negative tactics