• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stateside Grecians

Taggart

As I put on my first post here, my brother and some friends of ours have started the Exeter City USA supporters group. Been meaning to for a couple years, but now have found the time to do so. Anyway, we have an account on X that I run mainly but others will occasionally post also. For those on X, a follow would be highly appreciated! (@ecfcusa).

Also, I just wrote and posted the first entry of our blog. It talks more about how we all became fans, our aims for the group, etc.Its linked below. If find time to read it, that would be fantastic also and much appreciated.

We are excited about this adventure as it were and how we can build the fanbase over here. A podcast is in the works for sure.

Will update this thread also with any updates for those averse to X haha.

Thanks very much!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Following on X. Good luck with it all.

Hopefully you can encourage some Texan oil tycoon billionaire to invest in ECFC.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
As I put on my first post here, my brother and some friends of ours have started the Exeter City USA supporters group. Been meaning to for a couple years, but now have found the time to do so. Anyway, we have an account on X that I run mainly but others will occasionally post also. For those on X, a follow would be highly appreciated! (@ecfcusa).

Also, I just wrote and posted the first entry of our blog. It talks more about how we all became fans, our aims for the group, etc.Its linked below. If find time to read it, that would be fantastic also and much appreciated.

We are excited about this adventure as it were and how we can build the fanbase over here. A podcast is in the works for sure.

Will update this thread also with any updates for those averse to X haha.

Thanks very much!

any ideas on how to promote a small underdog football club fighting against the likes of Hollywood money over there in the US?

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Presume @PeteUSA is heavily involved?

CWH-NYC_

Good luck, will follow on here but I don’t do X and don’t have the millions required for the dream investment either.

Taggart

Presume @PeteUSA is heavily involved?
Don't know Pete tbh haha. But he is more than welcome to help us.

Taggart

any ideas on how to promote a small underdog football club fighting against the likes of Hollywood money over there in the US?
Tough question that friend. They have the connections that ECFC will probably never have. Obviously the documentary being a part of that, but also sponsorship from a lot of reputable, worldwide companies also.

I like our model of being self-sustainable as it were, but of course also as any fans would love to have a bit more investment.

While yes I sincerely think establishing a supporters group over here and doing a podcast will certainly draw more fans, those in charge doing their best to gain more revenue somewhere will obviously help even more.

At the end of the day though, I would rather support a proper, well-run imo club like ours versus a plastic(Well at least in regards to their International fanbase) club like them who are a couple of actor's play thing. While they on the face of it seem sincere about helping the community grow and such, they will cash out at the first opportunity until they invest too heavily, jmo.

gilbertshoot

Trump's a Janner

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tough question that friend. They have the connections that ECFC will probably never have. Obviously the documentary being a part of that, but also sponsorship from a lot of reputable, worldwide companies also.

I like our model of being self-sustainable as it were, but of course also as any fans would love to have a bit more investment.

While yes I sincerely think establishing a supporters group over here and doing a podcast will certainly draw more fans, those in charge doing their best to gain more revenue somewhere will obviously help even more.

At the end of the day though, I would rather support a proper, well-run imo club like ours versus a plastic(Well at least in regards to their International fanbase) club like them who are a couple of actor's play thing. While they on the face of it seem sincere about helping the community grow and such, they will cash out at the first opportunity until they invest too heavily, jmo.
Yep it's more about finding where are those groups of sports fans using what social media forums and networks that may be supportive of the underdog. People who are big on backing a community owned club - ownership for the people by the people stuff. We can still tap into those networks from here, but who and where are they in the states

Trump's a Janner
Might be my hearing I thought I heard someone say "Trump's a wan&er". Unless they were talking about our board of directors a while back rather than politics?