• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stateside Grecians

Bat Fastard

There’s a renowned library by Louis khan in Exeter, New Hampshire…a very fine building that I have visited

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is there an Exmouth, Crediton or Tivvy maybe in the states?
If you go to the site I've linked you can search for any town or city name.
The only other Exmouth is in Australia.
There's a Crediton in Canada but not USA
There is a Tiverton in Rhode Island USA.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's a Tiverton up Chester way.

Hope that helps.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
There's a Tiverton up Chester way.

Hope that helps.
I knew Billy the Fish could give us the Fulchester info ...

burtiew

Exeter - Rockingham County, New Hampshire

Topsham - Sagadahoc County, Maine

Woodbury - Orange County, New York

Budleigh - Raleigh, North Carolina

Tiverton, Newport County, Rhode Island

Don't know Pete tbh haha. But he is more than welcome to help us.
You need to get Pete involved in some way.

If you don't there will be a real gap in your output and no one will be happy (least not the great goalkeeping guru himself).

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great stuff Taggart and team. Really hope this becomes the success it deserves to be. I'm following on here and already on X.

(by the way, just the inside track on PeteUSA, lest this accidentally trips you up. Pete is a great guy, followed City for well over 60 years, exiled in Arizona for a generation or more. But importantly Pete has created a comedy online persona where he always is exceptionally critical of our goalkeepers, including and especially whether they are tall enough. For example, my favourite post of his was after a game we lost 1-0 to a penalty - Pete posted that the result was down to our keeper for not saving the penalty(!). Pete's contribution to the discussion of the Euros is a post saying how poor all three of England's goalkeepers are. Less experienced posters take Pete's criticism of goalkeepers seriously and a debate ensues - but when Pete posts its best to smile and laugh with him)
Pete and I were brought up in an era when we had our greatest ever goalkeeper to make comparisons with..............yes George Hunter really was that good!!

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just read the Blog, interesting that you picked up on us from watching on TV in the states and the lose connection of a step father from Devon.

Hopefully your journey with us will be an eventful and emotional one and that you are able to get to the true St James Park sometime and experience the atmosphere (midweek in winter with a large crowd is something to behold) and really get the club into your blood.

In the meantime Craig at the club is doing a "Global Grecians" series of posts on X, of Grecians supporters across the world, which you may want to get in touch with him to highlight your venture (I do note that the have posted your first link), as has been seen with the "My New Football Club" pod, they are very supportive (The Big Bank Theory pod is more City centric and my preferred listen), if you haven't done so already.

As you may be aware Football is generally all about money these days and the haves and have nots. We have none (or very little) which is why our successes are more special.

Enjoy the ride

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Exeter - Rockingham County, New Hampshire

Topsham - Sagadahoc County, Maine

Woodbury - Orange County, New York

Budleigh - Raleigh, North Carolina

These must have local sporting institutions and community pages that we can tap into for this great crusade that nobody seems interested in :oops:

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
is that why Tivvy Town play in the same colours as Newport County?