• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Steve Tully

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
It wasn't the penalty that caused us the game, Krysiak saved it!

The sending off of Tully made it more difficult for us. However there were two things that caused us the game:

(1) Failing to competently defend a free kick from outside of our penalty area.

(2) Failing to score in the second half when we were clearly the better team!

Why go for Mellor? he did what nearly all professionals do in tight situations in the box, cheated. I noticed that Nardiello "dived' twice in or around the box in the second half, if he had been successful in getting the penalty/free kick and we scored as a result of it, would we have complained, I think not!
Won't stop some abuse if he shows his face at SJP. Having said that it is up to the ref to spot diving/cheating and punish accordingly.

Last edited:

Willy Nilly

Mellor made the most of it but, hey, I've seen Cureton, Nardiello, Harley and others do the same at SJP.

Grecian_Jay

I'm not sure if what Mellor did was diving as such. To me a dive is when a player just falls over for nothing. Mellor was pushed and made a meal out of it but I think there is a difference between diving and exaggerating a fall. I would expect everyone of our players to do the same.

FAN-TATIC

I'm not sure if what Mellor did was diving as such. To me a dive is when a player just falls over for nothing. Mellor was pushed and made a meal out of it but I think there is a difference between diving and exaggerating a fall. I would expect everyone of our players to do the same.

Too right Jay! If you can't beat 'em join 'em.

It is now part of the game, even the FA - FIFA etc recognise such actions as a 'professional foul" note not cheating.

Grecian_Jay

[/COLOR]

Too right Jay! If you can't beat 'em join 'em.

It is now part of the game, even the FA - FIFA etc recognise such actions as a 'professional foul" note not cheating.
Yep, can't afford to be too precious over these things. That is one of the reasons why teams like MK Dons do so well.

wemisscuro

Loving watching Tisdale prove em wrong, yet again!
Biggest game of his career?

Been involved in much more important games than this one I suggest.
Yes 'more important games' granted. But he would of looked back on his career and said, I played against Kenny Dalglish's Liverpool FC.

May be not 'important' but a career highlight no doubt.

Well-known Exeweb poster
To the word of the law, the ref was right,Tully fouled Mellor, he tried to be clever and do it on the blind side of the ref and got caught, the red card was debatable but no doubt if appealed the fa would have enough to justify it. But again and again the same thing comes up and it's CONSISTANCY, at every set piece penetrating the penalty box we see full rugby style grapples that totally go unpunished, so REFEREES and FA get your acts TOGETHER and stop making your selves look foolish and inept.

ForeverECFC

Anyone know Tullys record as captain? he was captain in our 3-0 win over Tranmere..

Grecian_Jay

Anyone know Tullys record as captain? he was captain in our 3-0 win over Tranmere..
Not sure but I'd hazard a guess that in every one of them he got ripped apart like a cheap hooker.

FAN-TATIC

Not sure but I'd hazard a guess that in every one of them he got ripped apart like a cheap hooker.
What's rugby got to do with it?;)

Last edited: