• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stewards

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
As ready mentioned by Popbop,we do not know what happened from that small clip.Not a great look,but i always feel it’s unfair when small clips are posted on SM of someone doing a job that they have been told to do,no doubt.The very least their identity should be hidden.
That’s me speaking as someone who has had a run in with a steward myself a few years back(a long story but I was not going to roll over about a pack of lies)
I was in my mid 50s not a youth 😁

The vast majority are top fellas/lasses.Just a couple of bad apples near the top of the chain I found.

grecian55

I had a run in with one of those 'men in black' that are brought in for high profile games ,i was eating a satsuma and half time and this young fella came over and said "stop throwing your orange peel at people " ??? i picked up an empty coffee cup and showed him the peel and pips i was putting in there and he said " that's probably from one you had earlier ' to my astonishment, so i just left it but when i went for a pee later i saw the main man and explained carefully to him what had happened and how many friends had witnessed it he shook his head ,walked away and within 5 minutes the young fella was spoken to and moved from the Big bank to the away end .

i8cornwall

Most of the stewards seem to be great at city, was a time when this wasnt the case but know the club have worked hard to change that.

I've seen the clip and it's basically the usual standard of stewarding you get as an away fan, hopefully the club polite ask this steward to not come for the next home game, I assume if this was in the away end that he was agency anyway.

Just to end my post on a positive, have to say it was great to see the stewards just standing back at final whistle yesterday and let the ones at the top of the bank sing and just leave without fuss or any issues even well after the players had left the pitch was great to see and appreciated by C20.

Grecian2K

Who was that Arg*le supporting "Police Liaison Officer" who used to haunt us (with his giant camcorder), especially on away days?

Now HE was an unpleasant piece of work!

Oldsmobile-88

Who was that Arg*le supporting "Police Liaison Officer" who used to haunt us (with his giant camcorder), especially on away days?

Now HE was an unpleasant piece of work!
PC Underwood.

He passed away about 10 years ago.

TOP_CITY_FAN

Like has been mentioned on twatter, there's a reason the above steward has been moved from the Big bank to the away end in the first place...

Tim Long

Like has been mentioned on twatter, there's a reason the above steward has been moved from the Big bank to the away end in the first place...
Pity he wasn't 'man marking' Derek Adams tonight.

CityTillIDie

Shout out for this steward last night :LOL:
B46950CA-ACFE-452E-9D42-D103A7FE5C38.jpeg

Oldsmobile-88

^^^^
Ha..I saw the fella at the top of the Jungle Path.I did have to do a 2nd take !