• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer 2019 - Possible signings

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure if its already been mentioned but with the future of Bury so uncertain surely there's an opportunity to try and get some decent players in from them.
Expect a couple to make their way down the A38, sadly.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Salford might be a likely destination for their good 'uns
Or Plymouth...

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure if its already been mentioned but with the future of Bury so uncertain surely there's an opportunity to try and get some decent players in from them.
I think it's safe to assume that Bury were offering significantly higher wages than us last season so it's hard to see how we can pay enough to persuade any of them to move south. Whether Plymouth can is, of course, a different question.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think it's safe to assume that Bury were offering significantly higher wages than us last season so it's hard to see how we can pay enough to persuade any of them to move south. Whether Plymouth can is, of course, a different question.
Why is it safe to assume they were offering higher wages than us? They get poor(ish) crowds and havent had any significant player sales in recent years

Temporarily Exiled

Why is it safe to assume they were offering higher wages than us? They get poor(ish) crowds and havent had any significant player sales in recent years
And now they have a mountain of debt and the club could be relegated out of the football league by the start of next season.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Think its widely understood that they were pushing the boat out... Hence players like Maynard, hence being up near the top, hence going broke. Wouldn't mind Maynard.

ryancooper327

Think its widely understood that they were pushing the boat out... Hence players like Maynard, hence being up near the top, hence going broke. Wouldn't mind Maynard.
I wouldn't mind Telford as a partner to Bowman upfront,

He got 6 goals and 4 assists in 38 appearances (1,600 minutes =1600/90 = 17.7 matches in terms of minutes played)

Bowman got 5 goals and 1 assist in 18 appearances (1,172 minutes (equivalent to 13 full matches))

Though he is a Jay 2.0 at 1.75m (actually Jay is 1.78m apparently)

However I imagine he could go to League 1 though with age on his side

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I wouldn't mind Telford as a partner to Bowman upfront,

He got 6 goals and 4 assists in 38 appearances (1,600 minutes =1600/90 = 17.7 matches in terms of minutes played)

Bowman got 5 goals and 1 assist in 18 appearances (1,172 minutes (equivalent to 13 full matches))

Though he is a Jay 2.0 at 1.75m (actually Jay is 1.78m apparently)

However I imagine he could go to League 1 though with age on his side
I think we need a better goalscorer than that, mate, if we want to be in contention

ryancooper327

I think we need a better goalscorer than that, mate, if we want to be in contention
Oh me too definitely but I was just considering Bury players only. Maynard (21 goals) will be too pricey, O'Shea (16 goals) possibly, Mayor (9 goals already have left wingers), Moore and Telford both on 7 goals

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oh me too definitely but I was just considering Bury players only. Maynard (21 goals) will be too pricey, O'Shea (16 goals) possibly, Mayor (9 goals already have left wingers), Moore and Telford both on 7 goals
Telford is young and has definite potential. He was on loan at Bristol Rovers the season before and they liked him.

Every season players get signed who may have had poor or mediocre records in front of goal but all of a sudden they thrive at one club. Stockley was like that for us plus the likes of Ladapo down the road is another example. Southend fans said he was dire but he’s been brilliant for Argyle.