• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer 2019 - Possible signings

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
If we don't get that recognized goalscorer, the very best we can hope for is top ten. Loosen the purse strings a bit, Taggy!
We have zero goalkeepers.

IndoMike

We have zero goalkeepers.
???????. And?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm surprised we've been so quiet over the last week or two.. Considering we need 3 or 4 players minimum I would have thought we would have announced something.. Hopefully we may get one before the end of the week..
I don't think its through a lack of trying. Bringing players in with quality on our budget and with our location is a difficult task, something MT is discovering, as did all previous managers.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't think its through a lack of trying. Bringing players in with quality on our budget and with our location is a difficult task, something MT is discovering, as did all previous managers.
Agree. Work is obviously going on behind the scenes and I’m hopeful we will get some good news in the next day or so.

Boyo

If we don't get that recognized goalscorer, the very best we can hope for is top ten. Loosen the purse strings a bit, Taggy!
Our baseline budget is c£1.2m per year. We've already loosened the purse strings to the tune of £0.5m per year for the next few years as we have money in the bank from recent windfall income. If we spent more this year, then we have to cut back next year and the year after. There's no point burning all our cash now to reach L1 and then have a smaller budget to try and stay there. We have to be sustainable. We have to stay within our means.

andrew p long

Many sought after players will be waiting and seeing what is the best offer they can get. I would expect signings to ratchet up in July

Temporarily Exiled

You never know in League Two, though. Players that have had distinctly average careers fairly frequently turn into regular goal scorers, while even seasoned pros can misfire.

IndoMike

Our baseline budget is c£1.2m per year. We've already loosened the purse strings to the tune of £0.5m per year for the next few years as we have money in the bank from recent windfall income. If we spent more this year, then we have to cut back next year and the year after. There's no point burning all our cash now to reach L1 and then have a smaller budget to try and stay there. We have to be sustainable. We have to stay within our means.
We need a goalscorer. We had a good chance of promotion last year but lost our goalscorer. In League 1 we'd get bigger crowds, maybe better sponsorship, better prize money. If you stand still you gradually sink. On top of our baseline budget we've had around 4.5 million coming in over the last two years. Yes, I know it's split 3 ways over years : that's 1.5M extra for playing staff, 1.5 M for something, and 1,5 M for the academy EXTRA. Perhaps one season's something money can be used to get a striker. Don't forget, if we get a good one that is an asset - it's not money that disappears into thin air.

IndoMike

We need a goalscorer. We had a good chance of promotion last year but lost our goalscorer. In League 1 we'd get bigger crowds, maybe better sponsorship, better prize money. If you stand still you gradually sink. On top of our baseline budget we've had around 4.5 million coming in over the last two years. Yes, I know it's split 3 ways over 3 years : that's 1.5M extra for playing staff, 1.5 M for something, and 1,5 M for the academy EXTRA. Perhaps one season's something money can be used to get a striker. Don't forget, if we get a good one that is an asset - it's not money that disappears into thin air.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't forget, if we get a good one that is an asset - it's not money that disappears into thin air.
Indeed. What a good investment Mr Stockley turned out to be.