• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread 2023

Intheknow84

First rumour…
Here is my time to get shot down

Issac Price from Everton

DawlishBouy

First rumour…

Issac Price from Everton
kapow!, thwack!, kerplop!

Isaac Price. Represented England at under 15’s before switching to Northern Ireland and already has two full international caps.
Player profile:
https://www.toffeeweb.com/players/profiles/Price.php

Has been at Everton since the age of seven and they have offered him a contract. The following article links him to Rangers and Celtic but says he’s agreed to join Standard Liege in Belgium:
https://www.goodisonnews.com/2023/04/13/exclusive-everton-midfielder-isaac-price-to-officially-be-announced-as-standard-liege-player-in-few-weeks/

The following article says Everton would receive training compensation of £400k:
https://princerupertstower.com/2023/04/12/everton-isaac-price-standard-liege/

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
First rumour…

Issac Price from Everton
Saw this on Twitter yesterday

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
kapow!, thwack!, kerplop!

Isaac Price. Represented England at under 15’s before switching to Northern Ireland and already has two full international caps.
Player profile:
https://www.toffeeweb.com/players/profiles/Price.php

Has been at Everton since the age of seven and they have offered him a contract. The following article links him to Rangers and Celtic but says he’s agreed to join Standard Liege in Belgium:
https://www.goodisonnews.com/2023/04/13/exclusive-everton-midfielder-isaac-price-to-officially-be-announced-as-standard-liege-player-in-few-weeks/

The following article says Everton would receive training compensation of £400k:
https://princerupertstower.com/2023/04/12/everton-isaac-price-standard-liege/
Not a chance in hell then.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looking at our retained list earlier and wondering if there was anyone on there that might be of interest. I'm not on commission, honest.

I'm not all over where you are/aren't short but a couple of names stuck out. Reeco Hackett and Jay Mingi. Neither have been released: Hackett has a year to run on his deal but it seems pretty clear that he's been told he's not in plans for next season. Mingi has been offered fresh terms after what threatened to be a breakout season, but there's a sense that this is just about ensuring we ensure some training compensation if he goes as he's only 22 (we're talking a very small amount as he's only been with us for two seasons) and I don't think Mousinho wants to give him any guarantees about playing time, despite a three-year deal being on the table.

Hackett is an attacking midfielder who came to us from non league about three and a half years ago. He's featured quite a bit for us over the past couple of years without kicking on quite as much as some of thought he would. He can definitely do a job at this level but, and not trying to be all Charlie Big Potatoes, I think he needs to find a home where he's a first team regular. He was pretty poorly treated by Kenny Jackett in terms of opportuniites and by the time he did get some game time he seemed to have lost a bit of confidence. It's really obvious he's a load of talent - I think he needs a set-up/manager to bring that through. Limitations are that he's very one footed and that he's a worse header of the ball than Anne Boleyn. He's 25 but think there's plenty of development potential

Mingi (22) is being linked with all sorts of clubs partly because he seems to have a very busy agent. This includes some Championship clubs (e.g. West Brom) as well as lower down. He broke in to our team earlier in the season but had a few injury problems and I sense is at a point where he needs to feel like he's going to play games. He's a central midfielder who has an ability to break through the lines, very athletic but needs to become a ninety minute player somewhere and then a six games in a month for ninety minutes player. He's one I'd keep but think it's a case of right player, wrong club/time. If he can stay fit and find a club who will give him a consistent run of games that allows him to develop I reckon there's a Championship level midfielder in there.

Please note, no correspondence will be entered in to if you sign either and they're the next Nicky Ajose.... just thought I'd put a couple of names out there.
Chimes - thanks. What ECFC need is a first choice keeper, loads of midfielders and attackers, and some experience/leadership (having topped the League One table last season for minutes played by U23s.

SDRighton

Solid rumour: A reliable source tells me Michael Jacobs (released by Pompey) has been in talks with Caldwell over a 1 year deal.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Solid rumour: A reliable source tells me Michael Jacobs (released by Pompey) has been in talks with Caldwell over a 1 year deal.
Would be a very decent signing imho

TotnesGrecian

May have played under Caldwell at Wigan, not sure

Caldwell Wigan - 15/16
Jacobs 2015-20

TotnesGrecian

May have played under Caldwell at Wigan, not sure

Caldwell Wigan - 15/16
Jacobs 2015-20
He did indeed

AndyR

Could do with Sign of the Chimes view on this.