• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sunderland Away

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
We need Noble and Wheeler, but would you risk them in a game which is likely to have little relevance to how our season shapes up. Play the kids I say!
How many times have you, and many others (myself included), whined and moaned about a lack of a cup run during the season during the Tisdale years? So many it's not worth even trying to count is the answer. Now we have a chance to get one going with, what will look as in the history books later on, a very major scalp along the way and you want to play the kids ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I think you need to find a very dark room and have a very long hard look at what you stand for sir.

elginCity

Play the kids I say!
Agree, having put a couple of quid on us going up this year, would rather not have the distraction of a cup run. :D

ECFC Music

Agree, having put a couple of quid on us going up this year, would rather not have the distraction of a cup run. :D
No way do we play untried home grown youngsters. We get so little opportunity to mix it with the big boys so we should give it our best shot not resign ourselves to inevitable defeat.I'm sure most City fans would want us to win not roll over in ignominious defeat.I thought the idea was to win football matches and that attitude should permeate through the whole team whenever we take the field.
It's become the norm now for teams to play under strength sides in both League Cup and FA Cup matches which devalues the competition and probably reduces attendances at these matches.Why bother to go when you know the players you would like to watch are not appearing?

Avening Posse

Ahem, cough, Skybet have offered 3,000/1 for City to win the Capital One Cup B-)..............okay I will close the door on the way out :$

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Some people are unbelievable. Not saying we will knock them out but we are potentially 90 mins from earning half a million from the right draw in round three so let's play our best side and have a go. We have about thirty bloody players in our squad even on our budget.

Whenever I here this I recall 89/90. Seventeen cup games we played that season and still won the league by ten points and most games involved largely the same group of players. The big sides have taken the **** out of the cups for quite a while now, and somehow people are getting conned that that is the right way to do things.

Last edited:

IndoMike

I hate to disagree with you Sturtz 'cos you are a true argyle-hating exeweb legend, so I'll be as polite as I can, but you're talking out of your fat arse, man.

We should go to Sunderland with huge confidence, play our best team and see what happens - maybe sneak a win in extra time or on penalties - not play the kids, concede in the first 10 minutes and then chase the ball all night and if you think that's what we should do then you're a ******* ****** of a **** that likes to **** his ******* up the ******.

Respect Sturtz.
Whilst Head's response is slightly over the top I agree entirely with the main points. This gives us a small chance to maybe bring back Sunderland to St James Park, create some excitement (maybe we'll know the draw for 3rd round) and earn extra money. Whilst I totally agree with blooding the youngsters, away against a Premier League is not the place,

IndoMike

Whilst Head's response is slightly over the top I agree entirely with the main points. This gives us a small chance to maybe bring back Sunderland to St James Park, create some excitement (maybe we'll know the draw for 3rd round) and earn extra money. Whilst I totally agree with blooding the youngsters, away against a Premier League is not the place,
Oops. There's no replay...

STURTZ

I hate to disagree with you Sturtz 'cos you are a true argyle-hating exeweb legend, so I'll be as polite as I can, but you're talking out of your fat arse, man.

We should go to Sunderland with huge confidence, play our best team and see what happens - maybe sneak a win in extra time or on penalties - not play the kids, concede in the first 10 minutes and then chase the ball all night and if you think that's what we should do then you're a ******* ****** of a **** that likes to **** his ******* up the ******.

Respect Sturtz.
I don't have a fat arse.:)

fred binneys head

I don't have a fat arse.:)
Point taken, maybe that comment was a little over the top.

JamieEcfc

Hope Ribeiro and Wheeler are fit would feel confident of something then!

I imagine a Clinton Morrison goal would send everyone into a frenzy, one can dream