• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sunderland Away

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is Tisdale now forgiven for Warrington?
Is he buggery! The Warrington game and a huge percentage of our league matches were in part due to his insistance that two rookie keepers battle it out for the first team spot when neither was totally up to it. At least he's seen the light this season on that front, and signed an established keeper, but I bet he was kicking and screaming when the board said: 'Paul, we simply have to scrap the promote from within policy, our current keepers are shipping goals for fun'.

elginCity

Is he buggery!
If not forgiven, any chance you might forget ?

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
Would Flybe put on a special flight if enough were interested ? Does the Dash 8 sit about 78 ?
Cracking shout. No numb bum or staying over. We could all be home in bed by midnight :)

Rog H K

Greetings to all Sunderland fans reading exeweb. Seen your links for exeweb on your chat board so I know you've been here! 350 fans from Exeter is underestimating our away support. We will more than double that. Hope the players underestimate Tisdale and the team we have too. Think they may find they'll have a game on their hands.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Greetings to all Sunderland fans reading exeweb. Seen your links for exeweb on your chat board so I know you've been here! 350 fans from Exeter is underestimating our away support. We will more than double that. Hope the players underestimate Tisdale and the team we have too. Think they may find they'll have a game on their hands.
I should imagine they're quite excited at playing us.

Nik Nak

The standard fare to Newcastle (without baggage), out on Tuesday 25th and back on Wednesday 26th takes 1 hour 15 minutes

1 hour and 15 minutes never in a month of Sundays

NN

Red Bill

Is he buggery! The Warrington game and a huge percentage of our league matches were in part due to his insistance that two rookie keepers battle it out for the first team spot when neither was totally up to it. At least he's seen the light this season on that front, and signed an established keeper, but I bet he was kicking and screaming when the board said: 'Paul, we simply have to scrap the promote from within policy, our current keepers are shipping goals for fun'.
My god you talk some nonsense. I had plenty to say towards the end of last season in opposition to the manager, but to suggest the Warrington result was down to a rookie goalkeeper is absolute rubbish. Pym had seen that ball very clearly and it was about to land plumb in his gloves but unfortunately for some unknown reason Graham Cummins decided to nip in in front of him and nod the ball powerfully into his own net.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
My god you talk some nonsense. I had plenty to say towards the end of last season in opposition to the manager, but to suggest the Warrington result was down to a rookie goalkeeper is absolute rubbish. Pym had seen that ball very clearly and it was about to land plumb in his gloves but unfortunately for some unknown reason Graham Cummins decided to nip in in front of him and nod the ball powerfully into his own net.
Plus I'm sure it wasn't Pym who had 28 (or similar) shots deflect away off backsides and whatnot.

ECFC traveller

I should imagine they're quite excited at playing us.
They most certainly are. Very good read on their forum. 'Carp league two side at home, just what i wanted' 'lets play our kids'

They really do fancy themselves. I hope their team and manager are as optimistic. We'll be putting 110% in, while they stroll around the pitch thinking they'll walk all over us.

Sunderland 0-2 Exeter.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Looking at the Sunderland forum there were a few posters suggesting they should play a weaker side in case a big fat centre back injured some of their top players. Made me chuckle :)

Not surprising they are confident of winning as we should expect to beat a side three leagues below at home as well even with our home and cup record. The likelihood is it will be a home win but no reason why we shouldn't give it a really good go, enjoy the game and if we happen to cause a shock even better.