• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Supporter Report 2021-2022

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
📝 Supporter Report for the Year now available - News - Exeter City FC

For those interested, contract lengths are included.
A lot expire in June.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
That's comprehensive!

Someone want to pull out the key points for discussion?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
📝 Supporter Report for the Year now available - News - Exeter City FC

For those interested, contract lengths are included.
A lot expire in June.
I think some contracts have been re-negotiated since the initial data was pulled together for the report.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think some contracts have been re-negotiated since the initial data was pulled together for the report.
Chieck Diabate, Jonathan Grounds and Josh Coley are the ones I noticed.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's comprehensive!

That's surely a job for @fred binneys head

andrew p long

Yes, a huge number have been overtaken by events, including contracts listed as expiring in 2022 and listing future contract expiry dates for Dieng and Jay!

Jake Caprice to add to the list where a new contract applies - his runs now to 2024 instead of 2022. Sweeney also extended.

andrew p long

That's comprehensive!

Much already revealed in the accounts and in IIRC the earlier draft of this document (subject of that meeting a couple of months back). Taggy is listed as an Executive Director (of football ) for those who want to know why he got paid 50k.

One item baffled me. We paid out 32k in relation to 'costs incurred due to player sale' in 20-21 (when the only sale was Watkins). This is said to be sell on clauses to the club from where we got a player. What/who was that? (p34 'players sold')

Nigel E

One item baffled me. We paid out 32k in relation to 'costs incurred due to player sale' in 20-21 (when the only sale was Watkins). This is said to be sell on clauses to the club from where we got a player. What/who was that? (p34 'players sold')
Yes, the full precise wording is a bit opaque:

"Costs incurred due to sale’ were sell-on clauses due to the club from where ECFC purchased or transferred the player".

Perhaps the last part of the sentence could include costs incurred by the club to whom the player was transferred by City (i.e. Brentford in this case)? Not sure though.

Anyway. aside from that slight oddity, this report is an impressive piece of work, and will become even more helpful as further annual editions are published. I think the requests from fans for greater transparency are now being met by the club.

fred binneys head

It's brilliant that we have this information provided to us, we shouldn't take this sort of stuff for granted. Lots of interesting info throughout, and I'll read it properly over the weekend, but I do have an early question:

Page 12 shows the predicted financial outturn for the current season (22/23) which shows an expected net loss for the year of £419k but it only includes £650k for player transfer income and £127k 'other income' - given that we sold Alfie Pond for £500k plus add-ons (I thought) and we also sold Tim Dieng and Matt Jay this season, and (according to the recently filed accounts) also received "significant" compensation for KMT and his backroom staff in the Autumn, as well as a further £500k or so insurance proceeds, I can't see where they've made their way into the outturn? It also shows our sustainable revenue to be £3.8m but it was £5.2m last season and our gates have been higher this year? Plus the whole table doesn't add up properly. I'm thinking someone's made a mistake with that table as few of the numbers make sense and it doesn't add up.

Like I say, I'll have a proper read later, but I'm also particularly interested in the statement on page 13:

"The availability of cash is critical to the running of our football club, be that to pay salaries, our taxes, or suppliers. At present there is sufficient ‘cash in bank’ to cover losses incurred to support an enhanced playing budget for several years. This was greatly aided by the sale of Alfie Pond and recent insurance pay-outs. Both are legitimate considerations in so much that player sales have formed a purposeful part of our operating model for many years, whilst the insurance pay-our compensates us for lost revenue opportunities due to COVID. Our cash flow projections do not include future player sales but in reality, we would expect this to occur and so, providing strict cash management is in place, and we are confident it is, there is no cause for concern"

"At present there is sufficient ‘cash in bank’ to cover losses incurred to support an enhanced playing budget for several years" - even after the redevelopment of the Cliff Hill?

"Our cash flow projections do not include future player sales but in reality, we would expect this to occur and so, providing strict cash management is in place, and we are confident it is, there is no cause for concern" - I'd love to see those cash flow forecasts! Not because I don't believe this statement, but I'm intrigued as to how this can be the case, given the cost of the Cliff Hill redevelopment - unless we received significant funding for it?

As I said when I commented on the recently filed accounts, I'll be very interested to see what this year's accounts look like and this report has made me even more interested.

Like I said at the start though, it's brilliant that we get this information and I hope we get it every year. Well done to the club.

Rosencrantz

Much already revealed in the accounts and in IIRC the earlier draft of this document (subject of that meeting a couple of months back). Taggy is listed as an Executive Director (of football ) for those who want to know why he got paid 50k.

The only player sale that might come under that season (I think it was June 2021?) is Ryan Bowman to Shrewsbury. I guess we might have agreed a sell on along with the "nominal fee" with Motherwell when we brought him in.