• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Taxi for Tisdale

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Andy Holloway will use any and every resource at his disposal to deflect criticism from the club in general, and PT in particular. However, the use of fallen soldiers and Remembrance weekend plumbs unbelievably low depths.....truly shameful....
I dont know about 'shameful, but I do agree that Andy citing Remembrance Day as a reason we should get that friday night disaster into perspective is a bit OTT to say the least. I dont think anybody needs to be put in their place in the middle of a thread about getting rid of Tisdale with a comparison like that.

flakey pasty

However, the use of fallen soldiers and Remembrance weekend plumbs unbelievably low depths.....truly shameful....
Don't be so silly Malcolm.
Your response to Andy is very excessive.
Andy may have got it a bit wrong, but to accuse him of being "truly shameful" is way over the top.

flakey pasty

I think the point that Andy is possibly trying to make is that in the grand scheme of things, given that it is Remembrance Sunday, defeat on Friday isn't the great travesty that some of you are making out and to get a bit of context on things.
Well said, Ian.
That was the point Andy was making.

PeteUSA

Well said, Ian. That was the point Andy was making.
Quite apart from that, and re-reading Malcs post, I suspect Malcolm knows more about Andys methods, motives, and intentions than we do.

PeteUSA

You sir are a complete idiot. To try and use the fallen of two world wars and conflicts since just to have a go at peoples justified (IMHO) anger at Fridays display is beyond contempt. I have just come home from the Cenotaph and the Poppies at the Tower which to me was one of the most moving sights i have ever seen and to pay my respect to the fallen and find this insensitive, vulgar and very crass quote. People have been banned for less (facepalm)
I think DB's post above which I previously missed is pretty well spot on, except the 'complete idiot' bit.

DB9

I think DB's post above which I previously missed is pretty well spot on, except the 'complete idiot' bit.
I don't regret one word of it. To me, Going today was very personal as was i guess many on Exeweb and throughout the Country who thought about those lost, I can't just brush his comment off

Mackster

Andy may have got it a bit wrong, but to accuse him of being "truly shameful" is way over the top.
Nope, Malc has it spot on. Probably the most crass post I've read on here and then the buffoon goes on to repeat himself.

malcolms

I'm happy to stand by the remarks, I think his unnecessary use of remembrance as some way of drawing a co-relation between an unimportant football match and global warfare is wholly and utterly reprehensible...particularly when it was clearly used as a way to deflect criticism from a truly woeful performance by our football team....

Last edited:

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
He is making that point.

Not in the best possible way but that is the pure and simple point being made. Andy could have made the point using a better reference but the point is valid and stands up. We soon forgot about Curzon Ashton that final day at Rotherham.

It was frustrating Friday night. But its the cup. Clubs a lot bigger than us have suffered it(Luton at Norwich with one Paul Buckle in charge i believe). Us at Man Utd. Sutton at Coventry. The list is long and just about every single club have been on the receiving end of an upset and just about every club have been the giant killer.
ours wont be the last fa cup upset but if you are on a football forum of a side who have suffered an upset and you will see the same comments. of course it will get mostly forgotten over time but the comments made were at best his opinion only, and very poor imo to try to suggest anyone annoyed at losing on Friday is in some way insensitive to those who died during wars. (n)

IndoMike

I dont know about 'shameful, but I do agree that Andy citing Remembrance Day as a reason we should get that friday night disaster into perspective is a bit OTT to say the least. I dont think anybody needs to be put in their place in the middle of a thread about getting rid of Tisdale with a comparison like that.

Last edited: