• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Thanks Paul

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think at the start of the season we'd have taken one place against relagation.
Nah, that is just the way you negative proles felt, some of us more positive types thought it was a good opportunity to push on in a weak league, I don't know about you but I saw both games against Bristol Rovers (11th) and watched Brentford (9th) twice, we were far and away a better side than either imho, a more positive approach from Tis would have seen us established in mid table and looking to push on next season.

Ampadu19

Don't disagree with you there -- just comes down to the lack of strikers argument again though. I think we are better quality wise than a few more teams than the league position suggests, but just can't score more than them!

I think the trouble is that we still have part of our squad from the conference days and now another batch of contracts will be up and the odd player transferred on, all Tis can do is bring in better than what goes out and look to be a comfortable mid table team next season.*

*This being the negative prole view. If I was a more optimistic higher class such as yourself, I'd think we should aim to win the league :-D

wemissmoxey

Don't disagree with you there -- just comes down to the lack of strikers argument again though. I think we are better quality wise than a few more teams than the league position suggests, but just can't score more than them!

I think the trouble is that we still have part of our squad from the conference days and now another batch of contracts will be up and the odd player transferred on, all Tis can do is bring in better than what goes out and look to be a comfortable mid table team next season.*

*This being the negative prole view. If I was a more optimistic higher class such as yourself, I'd think we should aim to win the league :-D
The thing is the conference standard players will probably still be here next season because Tisdale will take the easy option (for him) and hand them new deals.

Last edited:

CITY CASUAL

Thanks Paul.Top man.Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh properrrrrrrrrrrrrr [y]

Grecian_Jay

Nah, that is just the way you negative proles felt, some of us more positive types thought it was a good opportunity to push on in a weak league, I don't know about you but I saw both games against Bristol Rovers (11th) and watched Brentford (9th) twice, we were far and away a better side than either imho, a more positive approach from Tis would have seen us established in mid table and looking to push on next season.
Brentford- Charlie Macdonald

Exeter - Ryan Taylor

As some would say; simples!

Cravat

Brentford- Charlie Macdonald

Exeter - Ryan Taylor

As some would say; simples!
It's funny because lots of people would look at this;

Charlie Macdonald 2007–2008 Southend United Played 25 Scored 1

and say Tisdale was an idiot if he'd have made the signing.

Ryan Taylor looks a good player. I hope we sign him/swap him for Big Mac.

Grecian_Jay

It's funny because lots of people would look at this;

Charlie Macdonald 2007–2008 Southend United Played 25 Scored 1

and say Tisdale was an idiot if he'd have made the signing.

Ryan Taylor looks a good player. I hope we sign him/swap him for Big Mac.
Or maybe people should have looked at his record at Gravesend and thought yeah he looks decent maybe worth a punt for relatively cheap.

Ryan Taylor at the moment isn't good enough to play in our first team reguarly IMO, with the right coaching and development Tis could turn him into a decent striker but I would rather have Charlie Macdonald anyday.

Cravat

Or maybe people should have looked at his record at Gravesend and thought yeah he looks decent maybe worth a punt for relatively cheap.
Like Fleets?

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Thanks Paul & all at ECFC for bringing the 2009/10 season to a happy ending. Now lets build on this; and remain ever onwards & upwards; bring on the Sheffield Wednesday [y]

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks Tis, this was a better birthday present than last year :D