• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Ashes

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
He got 180 hours of community service and had to pay the victim £2,000. Lucky not to have taken a trip to the big house by the sounds of it.

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
He got 180 hours of community service and had to pay the victim £2,000. Lucky not to have taken a trip to the big house by the sounds of it.
Any cctv footage in your dossier, Lionel?

LOG

Any cctv footage in your dossier, Lionel?
Sadly not. Energies were very much focused on Sidey at the time so i only have headline details on this particular period in Noble's life.

Colesman Ballz

Sadly not. Energies were very much focused on Sidey at the time so i only have headline details on this particular period in Noble's life.
How about the incident after Noble and his "drinking school" left the pub in Alphington (Admiral Vernon ?) the same season ?. I was told that there was video evidence of that, although it made rather "messy" viewing ! The Football section of the Club certainly covered that up as well. Although if anyone has a copy it might need a degree of pixilation before posting on these hallowed forums !

Colesman Ballz

Genuinely I didn't know that about Noble. What was the resulting verdict?
Just google "David Noble footballer night club fight" for the gory details Ant.

Colesman Ballz

Blimey, the TCCB, that takes me back.
Ha, yes 26 years in fact, since restructured on the 1st Jan 1992 as the EWCB following the withdrawal of those pesky Scots. Wonder how much the rebranding exercise cost, would it have been cheaper simply to chuck Glamorgan out of the County Championship instead ? ;)

Antony Moxey

Just google "David Noble footballer night club fight" for the gory details Ant.
Not really interested in the gory details but I'd have had no complaints if the club got shot depending on the verdict.

Antony Moxey

How about the incident after Noble and his "drinking school" left the pub in Alphington (Admiral Vernon ?) the same season ?. I was told that there was video evidence of that, although it made rather "messy" viewing ! The Football section of the Club certainly covered that up as well. Although if anyone has a copy it might need a degree of pixilation before posting on these hallowed forums !
The Admiral Vernon ceased to be about 30 years ago. The New Inn is the other Alphington pub, which is ironic really because it's only the old duffers who go in there.

Colesman Ballz

The Admiral Vernon ceased to be about 30 years ago. The New Inn is the other Alphington pub, which is ironic really because it's only the old duffers who go in there.
Even more ironic than you might think, given that iirc Duffy was one of the co conspirators ! :)

Anyway I suppose we should let this thread get back on topic, raking over the Ashes !

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster

Last edited: