• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Bulldozers are moving into St. James' Park!!!!

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
That to my mind makes excellent business sense!
....unless you're the mug paying £100 in advance for 10 meals worth £35.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
....unless you're the mug paying £100 in advance for 10 meals worth £35.
Which is precisely no different to any other catering establishment. Where do you think that they get profits from?

Is there a vegetarian option?

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is there a vegetarian option?
Yes, you can have fried or grilled chewing's fescue (courtesy of SJP groundstaff). Might make Big Banker complain even more!

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ah, it’s that old chestnut again - so many people are happy to have a go at old rightwing’s catering financing idea without even grasping the principle on which that concept was based. Perhaps I ought to explain it once again.

Just before I made the original suggestion I was told by Paul Morrish that there was a lot of spare capacity within the catering division at ECFC. It seemed a reasonable idea to me to try and exploit that spare capacity, particularly as it would bring in further additional matching bar income.

From previous experience of auditing the industry I am well aware of the very high gross profit margins within the catering sector. On food sales the gross profit margin is normally within the range of 60% to 65%. With unused capacity, additional marginal costs would also be minimal.

As an illustrative example, suppose 100 persons loaned the Club £100 each, i.e. a total of £10,000. These persons would have agreed to take repayment in the form of meals at the Club. Suppose the normal cost of each meal was £10. That supporter would therefore be entitled to 10 such meals in order to repay the £100 loan. However, because the cost of goods sold by the Club would be at the rate of only 35% to 40% of turnover then this is tantamount to the Club only repaying £3,500 to £4,000 for each £10,000 borrowed. Repaying only a portion of what you’ve borrowed? No interest payments on the loans? That to my mind makes excellent business sense!
It makes no business sense whatsoever because you will never find that many people loaning that much for that repayment. You may as well say it makes excellent business sense to have five people lending the club £10M each and they can be repaid with 50/50 tickets each game for the next thousand years.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
It makes no business sense whatsoever because you will never find that many people loaning that much for that repayment. You may as well say it makes excellent business sense to have five people lending the club £10M each and they can be repaid with 50/50 tickets each game for the next thousand years.
So would you rather be a Trust member pumping in £100 a year for no apparent return, or would you like the occasional meal?

Fareham Grecian

That to my mind makes excellent business sense!
And that is just one example of why, thankfully, no-one at the Trust or club takes you seriously.

Antony Moxey

So would you rather be a Trust member pumping in £100 a year for no apparent return, or would you like the occasional meal?
The former. I have no interest whatsoever in eating at the Park, I go to watch football and eat beforehand at home.

angelic upstart

Trust membership starts at £24 a year.

The idea of fans managing to stump up enough money to redevelop SJP and being repaid in steak dinners, was and always will be ridiculous.

sladie

There isnt really a problem with RWs plan tbh, i notice the normal lot are picking it to bits without coming up with anything themselfs

Slate his ideas, but at least come out with something better FFS