• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Exeter Pubs Quiz

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
6 - The Monkey Suit
Alas not Mr Dozen, and as Al suggests I imagine it was still known as The Greyhound way back then. However all is not lost, you have indeed correctly identified the first word even if your shot ricocheted off the post and then the keeper's ar$e ! Perhaps your recent run of misfortune is coming to an end ? :)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Alas not Mr Dozen, and as Al suggests I imagine it was still known as The Greyhound way back then. However all is not lost, you have indeed correctly identified the first word even if your shot ricocheted off the post and then the keeper's ar$e ! Perhaps your recent run of misfortune is coming to an end ? :)
The {insert word here} Arms?

Colesman Ballz

The {insert word here} Arms?
No body parts of any description I am afraid ! (n)

StroudGrecian

6. The Golden Hart

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
6. The Golden Hart
No body parts :)

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
I won't mention The Golden Ball then.

Colesman Ballz

6. The Golden Hart
Frayed knot ! No legs of any description whatsoever. When No 6 opened, The Golden Hart was still the Long Bar, with the notorious Bar Acuda upstairs. It only became TGH in 1973.

Colesman Ballz

I won't mention The Golden Ball then.
No half Beckhams here thank you very much !

mustangspeed2006

Any chance no. 5 could be the North Devon Inn?

Colesman Ballz

Any chance no. 5 could be the North Devon Inn?
No, but you had me scratching my head over that one, had to look it up. Still not much the wiser, seems it must have been close to the Look-in youth club in Paul Street, where I used to go watching bands including the Empty Vessels.

What you are after is a City Centre pub, whose name has remained unchanged, and a firm favourite with quite a few City supporters, Mustang.

Last edited: