• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Exeweb Advent Calendar Quiz 2023

Stelios

19F

Chris Todd

Stelios

19F

Whisky serving = Dram. A unit of measurement originated in ancient Greece (it says ‘ere) - Grecian

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Also don't Advent Calendars have 24 doors, so Sunday 24th will be the Finale?
I made it clear in post #1 of this thread that the quiz would be finishing on the 23rd. I make my own rules Tim.

fred binneys head

19F

Free whisky > free Scotch Scott Palfrey
GOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!! Just before it got transferred over to the Bonus EACQ thread too! 3 massive points to Alistair there, what a statement that is.

Say some of what you see - it's a barbers in Scotland, with free whiskey and a pole > Scot Pole Free > Scott Palfrey

1703055592656.png

fred binneys head

Here's the scoreboard at the end of Day 19 and we're definitely in the home straight now:

1703057078305.png

Again it was the leading pack who did all the scoring yesterday and it bunched up nicely until Alistair grabbed the Scott Palfrey 3-pointer right at the end of the day to surge ahead. But there's lots of points still to play for, with 7 of them sat waiting for someone on the Bonus EACQ thread.

Today's questions will be put up around lunchtime, probably around 1pm but don't hold me to that. And if the cricket-not-cricket question remains unanswered at that point, I'll chuck another clue in the Bonus EACQ thread for all of you who are in there banging your heads against the wall.

See you later.

Stelios

Not another bleddy office bod

Tim Long

I made it clear in post #1 of this thread that the quiz would be finishing on the 23rd. I make my own rules Tim.
Good. I made it clear last year that if I ever won (much the same likelihood as me saying "when I win the national lottery..") I'd transfer the quiz to June when it is more likely that the person known as Jesus Christ was born.

iscalad

Here's the scoreboard at the end of Day 19 and we're definitely in the home straight now:

View attachment 14092

Again it was the leading pack who did all the scoring yesterday and it bunched up nicely until Alistair grabbed the Scott Palfrey 3-pointer right at the end of the day to surge ahead. But there's lots of points still to play for, with 7 of them sat waiting for someone on the Bonus EACQ thread.

Today's questions will be put up around lunchtime, probably around 1pm but don't hold me to that. And if the cricket-not-cricket question remains unanswered at that point, I'll chuck another clue in the Bonus EACQ thread for all of you who are in there banging your heads against the wall.

See you later.
Ahem.. spot Roys?? asterisks??

fred binneys head

Ahem.. spot Roys?? asterisks??
Sorry isca, you've lost me?

fred binneys head

Here we go then with the questions for Day 20.

Q20A (2 points):

1703077846168.png