• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

THE EXEWEB ADVENT CALENDAR QUIZ XVI

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Out of breath > to pant > Panters, Sidwell Street
Plus RHK

Alistair20000

If just the Corrs. There are 2. Barry Corr and Johnny Corr
Goooaaaal

1 Point to Oman. Workings in earlier post

I was looking for this pair of Corrs.

A Roy for STURTZ

Spoonz Red E

Very kind Fred. I felt someone should keep the QM company as he tucked into a second bottle of Beaujolais. A final stab in the dark having less energy at that point than Huxtable at the end of extra time.

I'm sure there will be many a time that Spoonz does all the brain work leaving it for a tap in elsewhere.
To be honest I was typing my answer on the back of your answer while Al was entering his clue so I didn't actually see Al's comment until after I'd sent the post.
Still true to say that you did all the hard work though ...

STURTZ

Goooaaaal

1 Point to Oman. Workings in earlier post

I was looking for this pair of Corrs.

A Roy for STURTZ
Fair do's, can't beleive I didn't think of Barry!

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's because he was really Barry Scorr

STURTZ

That's because he was really Barry Scorr
Jan Yeo!
He fell asleep in the snow
The New Years Day game was missed
'Coz he was fooking ******.

Alistair20000

QUICKFIRE ROUND 9 DECEMBER USER GUIDE & RULES

Kick Off 20:00

Half Time 20:45

Second Half K.O. 21:00

Full Time 21:45

A clue in play at the end of each half will mean added time so these timings will be a bit flexible.

This is a round where we are looking for the skill of the fox in the box type striker who is in the right place at the right time, sees a chink in the armour of the defence and takes aim.

No fancy build up in this round so no workings are needed but I may ask for a very precise answer for some clues.

Most of the clues will be "say what you see" or you may need to take only a short step to steady yourself to launch one off.

To preserve a proper balance with the points awarded for the non Quickfire round clues where lots of effort goes in this is how it will work in terms of points:

Correct answer within 1 minute on the Exeweb clock 0.25 point. Adjustment from last week

Correct answer within 5 minutes on the Exeweb clock 0.5 point

Correct answer within 10 minutes on the Exeweb clock 1 Point

A clue unsolved after more than 10 minutes will be withdrawn and if the correct answer is given out of time it will not count. The clue could be offered on another day as a random bonus point or part point so don't waste a shot.

Clues in all three categories will rock up and some of you may even come into it.

Lots of points up for grabs.

If you are a smart ass and sit on an answer waiting for the pointage to increase you are likely to be disappointed as someone else picks the ball off your toe and pokes it in.

Alistair20000

You are Ryan Bowman and I claim my £5 :)

iscalad

QUICKFIRE ROUND 9 DECEMBER USER GUIDE & RULES

Kick Off 20:00

Half Time 20:45

Second Half K.O. 21:00

Full Time 21:45

A clue in play at the end of each half will mean added time so these timings will be a bit flexible.

This is a round where we are looking for the skill of the fox in the box type striker who is in the right place at the right time, sees a chink in the armour of the defence and takes aim.

No fancy build up in this round so no workings are needed but I may ask for a very precise answer for some clues.

Most of the clues will be "say what you see" or you may need to take only a short step to steady yourself to launch one off.

To preserve a proper balance with the points awarded for the non Quickfire round clues where lots of effort goes in this is how it will work in terms of points:

Correct answer within 1 minute on the Exeweb clock 0.25 point. Adjustment from last week

Correct answer within 5 minutes on the Exeweb clock 0.5 point

Correct answer within 10 minutes on the Exeweb clock 1 Point

A clue unsolved after more than 10 minutes will be withdrawn and if the correct answer is given out of time it will not count. The clue could be offered on another day as a random bonus point or part point so don't waste a shot.

Clues in all three categories will rock up and some of you may even come into it.

Lots of points up for grabs.

If you are a smart ass and sit on an answer waiting for the pointage to increase you are likely to be disappointed as someone else picks the ball off your toe and pokes it in.
Is this the Brexit document?

Alistair20000

QF1