• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Great Exeter City v FGR Matchday Thread

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Forecast suggests heavy showers through to kick-off - what chance another postponement?
Light drizzle at the moment I would think any form of heavy rain between now and kick off would make conditions interesting - must be pretty wet under foot already

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

ECFC89

Be interesting to see if Reid starts, and whether FGR will "play us off the park" as he alleged they did the last 3 times we met them. 2 wins and a draw for ECFC from those 3 games - no complaints from me if we get a similar result tonight.

(Here's the link for anyone who didn't already see it on the Reid thread - https://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/transfer-news/reuben-reid-claims-forest-green-1042574)
HAHAH I hadn't seen a worse team than FGR when we beat them first time around.

KWSGrecian

Would love 3 points tonight, Stockley and Macca up front for me, with possibly Hiram and James in the centre. Reckon containing Doige is vital to our chances so hopefully Seabourne isn't involved, really don't rate the lad.

Jam Doughnut

Would love 3 points tonight, Stockley and Macca up front for me, with possibly Hiram and James in the centre. Reckon containing Doige is vital to our chances so hopefully Seabourne isn't involved, really don't rate the lad.
yes i get the feeling with seabourne that he has gone on to bigger and better things since he left us and has now come back thinking he is better than he is ,so he's not trying as hard as he should do which is making him look like a liability

David Treharne

It's currently 4c, but the westerly wind makes it feel a lot colder. Add in one or two really heavy showers and it looks like being a chilly night for City watching. The showers are intermittent, but at really heavy when they occur. Warm and waterproof clothing seems to be a requirement for "tonight's feast of entertainment©". I think the pitch will be heavy, and will cut up, making the outcome difficult to predict. Please NOT another abandonment - I couldn't bear to watch FGR again this season! I'm making an early start on the numbing effect of alcohol.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
You really can predict the future David ..... its still 16.04 here ......... Bloody Exeweb clock grrrrrr

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Heavy shower just passing now. It's also blowing a fooking gale

muppetdodger

Theres no chance of this being abandoned. I will be staggered if cooper doesn't start reid. He will be a thorn in our side I suspect. Got draw written all over it.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
If the rain clears then there should be a brilliant blue moon on show, no need for the floodlights!

I predict there will be 11 football kicked out of the ground.