• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Impact of Volunteers and the benefit of Trust Ownership

Northern Red

Some great ideas.....here's another.....

On the weekend of 1st & 2nd July there's a Work Party at SIP.

The plan is to wash the hoardings, pull weeds, prepare & paint the BB barriers, it's quite an ambitious list so if you're able to spare so few hours please join us.

If you can't join us but would like to help then your idea of sponsoring equipment would be most welcome.

We'll need all sorts - paintbrushes, sandpaper, buckets, brooms etc etc .

Mark Latham , our Stadium Manager is organising the weekend so I'll ask him for a wish list & share it with you
so you can decide what to do next.

Our volunteering ethos, whether we support by giving our time or our money...or both.....is part of what sets us apart from many of our rivals in League 2. Visiting Directors are amazed that we not only have so many volunteers but that they are so loyal, they want to know our secret.

My answer is always that we came so close to losing our Club that we value it but most importantly our supporters are special.....proud to be a Grecian!

Elaine.
I think its rather cheeky asking fans to buy paint brushes,buckets,brooms etc when the chairman is driving round in his posh car with private plates.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
I think its rather cheeky asking fans to buy paint brushes,buckets,brooms etc when the chairman is driving round in his posh car with private plates.
Do you think for 1 second that Julian does nothing else apart from being chairman of Exeter City ?

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Do you think for 1 second that Julian does nothing else apart from being chairman of Exeter City ?
We at him enough from various "pots" that he shouldn't really need to !

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

What a stupid thing to say - how dare the club expect us to buy merchandise when the chairman is driving round in his posh car with private plates. He should give us everything for free.

Antony Moxey

We at him enough from various "pots" that he shouldn't really need to !
Can you translate that into English please?

Colesman Ballz

Can you translate that into English please?
Certainly, it should of course read "We PAY him enough. . . etc ". Are you angling for a job in Countdown's dictionary corner ? Don't think that you will be in with a shout though, as you are not so "easy on the eye" as the present incumbent ! ;)

Swanaldo

Other than paypal, is there a website with cheap overheads that we could use for people to make donations?
JustGiving?

Glad to hear that the work parties are still going. They always made me feel like I was part of a family of City supporters. (y)

Northern Red

What a stupid thing to say - how dare the club expect us to buy merchandise when the chairman is driving round in his posh car with private plates. He should give us everything for free.
The club are asking fans to volunteer their time to help paint the stands,but also for fans to buy paint brushes, sand paper,brooms,etc which I just felt the club should provide and not the fans.

Antony Moxey

The club are asking fans to volunteer their time to help paint the stands,but also for fans to buy paint brushes, sand paper,brooms,etc which I just felt the club should provide and not the fans.
The club has a finite pot of money. The fans, or rather some fans, want to do their bit and help out their club, and by help out that also means financially as some who'd like to help are not able to get to the ground and flick a brush around the place. What better way if you can't help physically than to do it financially? Of course this also means that the club's finite pot gets to be used elsewhere and not just on brushes and sandpaper.

The chairman's personal circumstances are irrelevant.

PeteUSA

I dont altogether understand your comment above, ramone. Its hard to tell if you're jumping to "Julians" defence, or agreeing with the original point. Eitherway, I dont see anything wrong with Northern Reds mild observation, which unfortunately is being ramped up as its getting passed along. He (NR) is after all only saying what I (and I'm sure a lot of other exewebbers) think. I dont want to get involved in this in a big way, since I dont want to be blamed for putting potential volunteers off. That said, I wouldnt mind knowing what Julian actually does in an actual working day, if you know?