• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The National League (Conference) and non league football thread

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Mad to think that Yeovil beat Forest and Brentford in the playoffs to get to the Championship. Ten years on and their fortunes couldn't be more different.

Reactions: DB9

DB9

With Wrexham looking to be going back to the EFL and riding the wave due to their ownership i must admit the one thing i don't want to hear is those who say that IF the Holywood two left after getting "Bored" with their "Plaything" which has ben mentioned on here a few times, We start hearing the "Oh I feel sorry for the fans" Well that is one thing i wouldn't do, ATM they are all into this, Happy to take the US Dollar and everything that is happening to the club, IF (Which i don't think they will) things went wrong and they came tumbling down i'd cry no tears for those fans, They're happy with all that's going on, IF things went arwy then tough i'd say. You take the rough with the smooth.

Please Note: FWITW i say good luck to them, Their owners seem to be doing things the right way, Doing a lot within the Wrexham community and they do come across as really nice people. Their fans are happy and to me that's all that matters, Haven't heard any doom merchants from any and plus 15 yrs in Non-League, They've done their pennance imo.

fred binneys head

3-1 up with ten mins to go, they’ve done it. Congratulations to Wrexham!

DB9

3-1 up with ten mins to go, they’ve done it. Congratulations to Wrexham!
Exactly, Enjoy the ride, Welcome back to the EFL, I imagine they'll do well in L2 next season, As for the Conference itself, You wouldn't want to be relegated to it, It is now a graveyard of former league clubs and the competition to get out of it is immense.

denzel

Bideford relegated on the last day as Willand Rovers win to stay up. Bideford drop out of the Southern League and join Barnstaple in the Western League

grecIAN Harris

Bideford relegated on the last day as Willand Rovers win to stay up. Bideford drop out of the Southern League and join Barnstaple in the Western League
Who's got the ride in the North Devon money-go-round this season then?

denzel

Big game for Weymouth tomorrow. They are at Dover. Win, and they stay up, to join Yeovil, Torquay, Taunton, Bath, Weston and possibly Truro, who need to beat Bracknell in a play off, in the National League South next season.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeovil staff not paid...

denzel

Correction. Bideford not relegated

Oldsmobile-88

Weymouth win 2-0 at Dover. Avoiding relegation to the Southern League Premier, Something that looked highly unlikely a few weeks ago.