• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The National League (Conference) and non league football thread

Bridgy 81

A change of home venue seemed a inevitable push by the National League who are not know for their sympathy in difficult circumstances.
It’s been a real shame that Taunton Towns first season at NLS level has been so disrupted by home postponements.
I’m usually reluctant to correct people on here (I personally prefer to just let it pass as someone else inevitably does it) but I’ll make a exception in this case as probably not many people realize that this is Taunton’s second season in the NLS.
Although they were also unfortunately equally disrupted last year with weather related postponements and because of a lengthy cup run.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’m usually reluctant to correct people on here (I personally prefer to just let it pass as someone else inevitably does it) but I’ll make a exception in this case as probably not many people realize that this is Taunton’s second season in the NLS.
Although they were also unfortunately equally disrupted last year with weather related postponements and because of a lengthy cup run.
I stand corrected Bridgy 😁... I expect all of the postponements this season meant I could not differentiate the two campaigns.

Colesman Ballz

Lost 0-1 to Maidstone (at Glos), so still deep in the mire. :(

Spoonz Red E

Lost 0-1 to Maidstone (at Glos), so still deep in the mire. :(
Lost the last 5 games.
Just one point from those and they would be out of the bottom 4.

Still all to play for with 2 games in hand on Eastbourne Borough and 3 games in hand on Dartford..

denzel

Taunton have three home games coming up, including Torquay a week on Tuesday. Wonder if they might approach us to use SJP for that one...I'd go.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Taunton have three home games coming up, including Torquay a week on Tuesday. Wonder if they might approach us to use SJP for that one...I'd go.
All joking aside, I would be surprised if they haven't asked us, but also not surprised if they haven't. I mean after tomorrow we only have one home game left, so I wouldn't object to Truro or Taunton using SJP to fulfil matches if needed and also would be tempted to attend a game if they did do so.

Colesman Ballz

Interestingly I see a third team is using Taunton Town as a venue. Bridgwater Women are due to play City's rivals Bouremouth there on Sunday. Whether that will survive the weather must be questionable, and if not could leave Bournemouth with a fixture pile up, as they already have two more games to play than City, in the run in.

Bridgy 81

Interestingly I see a third team is using Taunton Town as a venue. Bridgwater Women are due to play City's rivals Bouremouth there on Sunday. Whether that will survive the weather must be questionable, and if not could leave Bournemouth with a fixture pile up, as they already have two more games to play than City, in the run in.
I’m not sure what’s happening with BUFC Women’s home fixtures at the moment.
Their last two home matches have been away from Fairfax Park.
Firstly a draw against Moneyfields which was at Taunton’s ground but last weekend their win over Southampton was played on Bridgwater College’s 3G pitch I think.
I see the forthcoming Bournemouth match is advertised to be in Taunton but I suppose they could switch to the College again if necessary.
Hopefully Bridgy (who are on a 5 game unbeaten run) can do some damage to Bournemouth’s title aspirations.
Then they play City in Exeter.
If they get a result and dent City’s chances I may have to lie low from being on here for awhile!

Oldsmobile-88

Tiverton Town have also had quite a few postponements.
All leagues have said there is to be no extension to the season.

Rosencrantz

Tiverton Town have also had quite a few postponements.
All leagues have said there is to be no extension to the season.
Yep, they have seven games left to play in 21 days. From Tuesday they have four home games in nine days to fit in so they can leave some spare emergency dates for the last week of the season in case of any more postponements. Two of those home games are against Winchester (already postponed three times) and Dorchester (postpones four times). They need points as they are only just above the relegation zone albeit with games in hand on everyone bar Plymouth Parkway who have three games in hand on Tivvy and 10 games left to play in 20 days (they play Swindon Supermarine tomorrow in a six pointer). It looks like two teams from seven to fill those spaces.

Last edited: