• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Next Exeter City First Team Manager Thread

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Because we don’t want to face up to reality.
Still don't understand why anyone can have that strong an opinion about a fairly unknown quantity. Won't say any more as repeating myself but he has a league 1 promotion under his belt, regardless of budget that's impressive, look at all the clubs in league 1 currently with big budgets who can't get out of this league? He's had a couple of bad experiences seemingly at basket case clubs, cut the bloke some slack.

dontpassback

Still don't understand why anyone can have that strong an opinion about a fairly unknown quantity. Won't say any more as repeating myself but he has a league 1 promotion under his belt, regardless of budget that's impressive, look at all the clubs in league 1 currently with big budgets who can't get out of this league? He's had a couple of bad experiences seemingly at basket case clubs, cut the bloke some slack.
An unknown quantity,who was sacked from Wigan,chesterfield and the mighty partick thistle,so I can’t say he is the best candidate,however,he might prove me wrong and I hope he does

milts

I struggle to believe that after 3 weeks and seemingly many very good candidates (per JT) Caldwell is the best option.

cheap option….

milts

It isn’t necessarily his record that concerns me but the thoughts of the fans at those clubs.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
An unknown quantity,who was sacked from Wigan,chesterfield and the mighty partick thistle,so I can’t say he is the best candidate,however,he might prove me wrong and I hope he does
Honestly who do people expect? People seem ok about Darren Ferguson, he's been sacked a few times! Artell was sacked by Crewe, Nicholson sacked by Torquay.

We are Exeter City, we are only going to attract managers who have either had sackings or are inexperienced.

milts

Honestly who do people expect? People seem ok about Darren Ferguson, he's been sacked a few times! Artell was sacked by Crewe, Nicholson sacked by Torquay.

We are Exeter City, we are only going to attract managers who have either had sackings or are inexperienced.
Artell and Ardley seem realistic options and I’d be far happier with either of those.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
If its Caldwell I'll eat my...umm....bar of fruit and nut chocolate

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
It isn’t necessarily his record that concerns me but the thoughts of the fans at those clubs.
When a manager gets sacked they are obviously leaving because the club isn't winning games therefore the fans are hardly going to be waxing lyrical about them...

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
And after the longest recruitment process in history it can't be argued that we took an easy option.

milts

When a manager gets sacked they are obviously leaving because the club isn't winning games therefore the fans are hardly going to be waxing lyrical about them...
True but some of the comments are concerning. He doesn’t seem to fit our club but what do i know.
If it’s him it would be very underwhelming but I’d get right behind him.

Reactions: Ash