• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The official Exeter City V Plymouth Argyle JPT 1st round thread

Rog H K

Greetings from St Just. Come on City.

Exehausted

Are you travelling back for the match then Rog?

Mackster

Can we assume that in the obviously unlikely event that we should lose this tinpot game, that its official, as far as league One survival goes, we're in the sh*t?

Strikes me that all these posts about what margin of goals we'll win by, will come back and bite us in the ass if we ultimately dont get a result.
Why would you think that?

We narrowly lost with 10 men to Preston who were in the Championship last season and we beat League 2 Champions Chesterfield who last time out we got beat 1-6. I would say most of us have lowered our hopes of play-off contenders to middle table mediocrity.

So if we do get beat in a minor cup game, it would be meaningless as far as the league is concerned, but a major embarassment to get beat by Argyle at their lowest ebb ever.

Personally I can't see it. They are more goal shy than us, 2 goals in 540 mins of football. However we never hammer anyone, so I can only see a 1 or 2 nil win for us.

Ecfc_4_Life

However we never hammer anyone, so I can only see a 1 or 2 nil win for us.

3 Words. Sheffield Wednesday Home.

Ecfc_4_Life

Like I said.

City 8 - 2 Argyle.

Vine 4.
Mcnish 1
Bauza ( if not injured ) 3

( If injured )

Keohane 1
Nards 2.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A game we could without at the moment, given our injury problems. Indeed, if it wasn't Argyle we'd probably be okay if we lost. But being a Devon Derby then of course we want to win.

What happened last time we met in the JPT? We had the "lazy" Nards dancing through their penalty box for an late late winner!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3iAaYuiql4

C'mon you reds.

RyaanECFC

Gotta be sticking my neck out here, 3-2 Argyle...

only joking they're w*nk. 3-0 City, badabing, badaboom.

TAH, STN, JK

RyaanECFC

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
City 6-0 Argyle

Tisdale hat trick
Vine
Logie
Bennett

Rog H K

Are you travelling back for the match then Rog?
Yep. Depart Geevor Tin mine @3 and coming oop north with the landlord of the Trewellard Arms. Got to get back tonight to Cornwall. Might see a few Green uns on route?:D