• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Official Exeter City versus Burton Albion Matchday Thread

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Early goal so that Burton move the bus would be good
Scrappy game i think - but any sort of win most welcome

COYR

tom_ecfc

Up and at em….5-2 incoming!

David Treharne

It occurs to me that I could have written a 'one size fits all' forecast at the start of the month and it would still apply. It rained overnight, it was showery yesterday (including a couple of really heavy downpours), the temperature hovereing around 8/9c and an overcast dull day. To be more precise today, it's currently 9c, there's a 50/50 light grey/dark grey cloud cover, with a SSE wind that's starting to turn around and will end up as S. In between ther will be outbreaks of precipitation - difficult to know whether it'll be mizzle or the full blown rain. The unfortunate thing is that because the wind is so gentle anything that does arrive will take time to clear. There was 5mm of rain yesterday. The bottom of my garden (about 400m from SJP as the seagull flies, is very soggy, although (and this may be a detail too far) I cut the grass on Monday.
As to the footbll, who know? I guess it may depend on which Exeter City side are encouraged to play. At best we could win fairly comfortable, but we could also concede early an be in for a long struggle against the proverbial parked bus.
Update around 13:00

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
C'mon City up and at 'em. UTC

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
It occurs to me that I could have written a 'one size fits all' forecast at the start of the month and it would still apply.
Makes the condition of the pitch even more remarkable. Watching the EFL highlights shows how bad many of our rivals' surfaces are.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
A win today and we're over the line, IMO.

Hoping complacency doesn't creep in, need to get the job done whilst we've got a bit of momentum.

COYR!

David Treharne

Oh, good! It's just started to drizzle. Not that heavy rain, but a wetting mizzle. It's 11c and the wind has moved round to SSW, so it could do this all afternoon. The cloud cover is now 100% grey cloud cover, so it's doubtful if sun screen onr sun glasses will be needed during the course of the afternoon. I'm headed for Red Square in about 20minutes (depending on rainfall)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
That didn't feel like a mizzle to me 🌧

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
That didn't feel like a mizzle to me 🌧
One man's mizzle is another man's rain I suppose !

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Big coat or not