• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Official Exeter City versus Charlton Athletic Matchday Thread

tom_ecfc

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lets hope yesterdays news doesn't sour the afternoon - after a great January window everything was looking rosy - but this ECFC we never do it the easy way
I think a 2-1 win this afternoon - Stanno & White with the goals

Loud and Proud

CYR

Red Bill

A dull, sunless morning in uptown Exeter. It's currently 8c, with wind blowing SSW, but the barometer seems to indicate that it will shift round during the course of the morning towrds W and then on the WNW. There's barely any wind and there's been no substantial rain this week, though we've had a lot of mizzle, that wonderfully wetting Devonshire speciality. There's 100% grey cloud cover which doesn't show any sign of shifting. The pitch looks in really good condition, and unusually I have a positive view of the outcome. Oh dear! Update arund 13:00.
Haha, my wife's mother always called mizzle "that nasty wetting rain" which has always made us laugh, so we've had a giggle this morning seeing you describe it the same! 🤣

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I am hoping the players don't have a collective negative reaction to the Jevani situation. On the field he has scored our last 3 goals and is instrumental to our attacking game. White is the nearest in style but he isn't at Jev's level and frankly nobody else is. I hope it doesn't overly affect us but Charlton are now picking up in a similar fashion to when they played us at the Valley. I'm going for a 1-1 in front of 7,509

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Stanno or Scott to join Super Sammy up front and White to pull the strings in behind and it will be Jevani who? as we go on to win 2-1.
I thought Sam up top to hold the ball with Stanno and White operating just behind him, with Caprice and Mitchell up the flanks we'd have some very quick breaks.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
With all that has gone on in the last few days, all we can do is show our support to the players that are out there this afternoon. It really would be great if we could back up last Saturday's win with a home victory.

STURTZ

Lets hope yesterdays news doesn't sour the afternoon - after a great January window everything was looking rosy - but this ECFC we never do it the easy way
I think a 2-1 win this afternoon - Stanno & White with the goals

Loud and Proud

CYR
Always been lows and the occasional high with City. Just never experienced such a massive swing from one to the other in just 3 days!
Hope the other players aren't too affected by this, can we expect an unusual goal celebration from Nombe should he score?

STURTZ

Don't want to dance with Jevani,
Don't want to feel the heat with Jevani,
Don't want to dance with Jevani,
With Jevani and Arthur.

ChardGrecian

Just hope the bank is loud and proud this week. Last couple of home games seemed to go quiet and not creating that bouncing atmosphere they are famous for.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've lost count; is that now 5 games in a row we've sold out the home sections of the ground?