• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Official Leyton Orient versus Exeter City Matchday Thread

Andy_H

I thought the same until I saw the last few seconds of the extended highlights and saw him having a go at Reece, now I think he’s a w@nker.
Where are these 'extended highlights' pray?

Information

It was on a Leyton Orient Fans Forum. Strange how not quoted on any official channels.
I think I heard it on the tannoy but obviously with the City fans in full voice I had no idea of the number

Number13

Where are these 'extended highlights' pray?
iFollow I believe...

Number13

Instead they played 20 minutes with 10 men and it cost them two points. It's a risky/bizarre decision to use up all your subs with 30 minutes to go. (and Wellens' excuse that one of the subs was pre-planned doesn't wash - he could always have changed plans!)
We made a pre-planned Sub, we had to take an injured player off, he's just flapping his jaw about to hide the fact that we gifted them two goals, played all the football against 10 and 11 and should have won. Is he also saying if that one player had stayed on he'd have been happy with the other 10 he played with - if thats not who you want to end the game with on the pitch, dont make the subs. Plank

Andy_H

iFollow I believe...
Cheers found it now.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I thought the same until I saw the last few seconds of the extended highlights and saw him having a go at Reece, now I think he’s a w@nker.
Yeah but Reece Cole, along with Sweeney could become a successful university lecturer on shithousery and wind-upery when he retires from football. Cole could provoke the Dalai Lama into violence without breaking sweat.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Embarrassingly, I didn't realise they were down to 10 until after! I thought we were just absolutely battering a team that had just retreated to see the game out...
Funnily enough on Saturday I commented how early in the second half Stevenage had made all their subs. Think it was around the 56th minute. Seemed a bit of a risk in case they had an injury.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
When I queried why it had taken a phone call for Victoria to correct it at lunchtime I received a reply from a Julie Fisher at the BBC to say no one had phoned in.
If you re-run the programme Vicki thanks John for emailing in the correct score - this is probably fellow Grecian John Ayres who was apparently at the game and is a good Spotlight reporter.

For what it's worth below is the text of an email apology I received :-

"Thank you for your email and on behalf of the BBC we are very sorry that this error was made on two separate occasions.

It was very unfortunately human error that not only caused the mistake to have been made in the first place, but also human error that meant it got repeated. We know that this is unacceptable, and having looked into it, are now aware of how it happened, and are talking to the people who were involved on both occasions.

It was a mistake that, as Julie said, we corrected before the end of the 1330 bulletin and we have ensured that the piece going out on the 6:30 this evening has all the correct information in it.

We are sorry again, that this occurred. We always feel awful when such a mistake happens as we pride ourselves on always trying to attain the highest standards in our work, but realise on this occasion we fell short.

Kind regards

Sarah Assistant News Editor BBC South West"

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well, at least they had the decency to give you a (reasonably) fulsome apology.
And, on the positive side, there was probably a goodly number of gloating Janners (plus Natalie) dancing jigs of joy in their living rooms last evening (and again at lunchtime today) blissfully unaware of the actual result.
(And, to be fair, if they'd missed the Cornish's late and lucky OG equaliser in the reports as well I'd probably have done the same)