• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The pitch - Some facts

t.a.f.k.a.g.g.

Just got back from a second day of works party fun. Here are some facts according to experts I spoke to:

• The covers have been on the pitch since Saturday
  • Covers can stay on the pitch for up to 10 days. The grass will not die.
  • Snow was on the pitch (insulating it) until yesterday. Most of it is removed now. Covers are still on.
  • Clive and co. will be in tomorrow (yes Christmas Day) to remove the covers for a few hours. They want the pitch to breathe. Covers back on for tomorrow night.
  • The rest of the stadium is basically ready and as safe as you can make it in the current conditions.
  • The Smirnoff Square and road leading to it are both completely clear of snow. Very tough job!

The pitch feels firm today but playable to me (I'm not an FA registered ref though). I do worry about the very low temperatures predicted. But everything that could be done to get the game on has been done. No one could do any more.

I've met some great people these last few days of all ages, who helped because they love the club. Good on ya.

Red the Paper

Banned
Great update Joe.

Well done to all concerned, yourself included.

Merry Christmas

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
wish I could've helped, but I couldn't get into Exeter. Well done to those who did help

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
[*]The Smirnoff Square and road leading to it are both completely clear of snow. Very tough job!
[/LIST]

I've met some great people these last few days of all ages, who helped because they love the club. Good on ya.
The where ?

Like to echo the sentiment, respect to the volunteers and the staff, their efforts should be worth money and points to the club.

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
wish I could've helped, but I couldn't get into Exeter. Well done to those who did help
Not that old chestnut again.

Where there is a will there is a way.

[n];)

Rog H K

The where ?

Like to echo the sentiment, respect to the volunteers and the staff, their efforts should be worth money and points to the club.

St Sidwells Wesleyans
Duke Bank
Cowshed
Red Square

Next thing you know the Colonel will be know as the Brigadier!

Thames Valley Red

Well done everyone makes you proud to support OUR special club. Well done the FIELD MARSHALL, well done the grounds staff.

MERRY XMAS

TVR

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Its predicted to be -9 tonight and tomorrow night. Will the covers do the job?

grecianite

I was very confident but.....

http://www.foreca.com/United_Kingdom/Exeter

Hmmmm, not so confident now!

wingless wonders

[*]Clive and co. will be in tomorrow (yes Christmas Day) to remove the covers for a few hours. They want the pitch to breathe. Covers back on for tomorrow night.
Hope they don't do that. Temperature not going above -4 tomorrow during the day according to the forecast!