• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

THE PROPERTY FUND

Boyo

Three points:-
1. I guess you didn't look around as that price was absolutely extortionate.
2. You don't need battery storage in this country as it is not cost effective.
3. You don't sell back to the grid at 1.5p per unit. Instead buy a solar iboost for £300 and divert all the power that would have gone back to the grid to heating the water instead. That will save you megabucks on your gas bill.
1. I got two quotes. Prices were similar.
2. Having a battery, speeded up the break even speed on both quotes.
3. My gas bill really isn’t that high (new build, well insulated house). It wouldn’t make that much difference.

Boyo

Good luck to you, I hope it works out. The pay back rates have obviously improved in the last year or so. That said, it still looks like you’re looking at c10 years to get your money back.

For me, when you can get 5% interest in a bank saving account (or possibly higher if you’re willing to be more risk averse with a S&S ISA) that seems a far better option to me.
I meant more risk tolerant, not risk averse!

Mid Devon Grecian

I meant more risk tolerant, not risk averse!
I did have a double take when I saw that!

You’re right, if it takes 10 yrs to break even and maybe another 5 to see a meaningful ‘profit’,by that time global equity markets should have produced a healthy inflation +4% return plus you’re not left with an aging bunch of panels and associated gubbins sat on your roof and in your loft!