• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The "Red Shorts"? - Yay or Nay

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Selective Max.
Only kidding malc ;)

onemansview

My home is Chesterfield but my heart is in Tokyo
Definite yes from me. Takes me back to 68/69 again when I first got interested in the club when there was a squad photo in the Football League Review magazine.
It was the red shorts and white topped socks that made it for me. Can't see the point of the two bars on the current kit. Lets have some stripes back, be they thick or thin please.

malcolms

Only kidding malc ;)
I know, but I can't let you get away with it...

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yay, yay and thrice yay.

Number13

Obvious nay
You might as well have put "Katie Hopkins - yay or nay" (I know that embarrassingly and sadly we cant do "those" yay or nay anymore)
With Red and White shirts and socks you must have black shorts

fred binneys head

Unlike my shorts, I’m torn. Before this season I would have been firmly in Number 13’s Black Short Fundamentalist camp, but having seen the kit this year I think it looks fking ace.

gilbertshoot

Obvious nay
You might as well have put "Katie Hopkins - yay or nay" (I know that embarrassingly and sadly we cant do "those" yay or nay anymore)
With Red and White shirts and socks you must have black shorts
No to Katie Hopkins
Yes to black shorts

Rosencrantz

As I said elsewhere, normally black shorts all day, but with this design of first team shirt it makes sense and looks decent.

InMyBlood

normally black shorts all day, but with this design of first team shirt it makes sense and looks decent.
Agreed. The shirt is terrible but looks better with the red shorts. Black shorts with red and white stripes for me will always be City.
(Didn't like the red top white shorts in the eighties either)

malcolms

Watching Brentford tonight against Arsenal shows how a team that traditionally plays in red and white stripes should look....bring back the black...