• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The team needs width!!

Cygnus

The way we are playing at the moment, everyone agrees we need a spark for the team and some pace and width. Both are not easy things to find for any team, but surely we can get someone on loan from a Championship club, that can give us the kind of boost, Craig Noone did earlier this season. As if we don't I fear we will be relegated long before the last game of the season,

If this isn't possible, how about giving Elliott Frear a try out wide, as he seems to be highly rated by the club. Maybe he is too young at the moment, but surely he can't do any worse than the other players are at the moment. We need a spark for the team from somewhere and we can't keep relying on Stanno to provide it all the time.

Lets get some width in urgently!

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Tisdale does not do urgency, you must have realised that by now,

anyway we have got Saunders and Sercombe, both are natural wide men :S

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tisdale does not do urgency, you must have realised that by now,

anyway we have got Saunders and Sercombe, both are natural wide men :S
No offense, but you're a ****. Go and support Plymouth Argyle or something. Where were you when things were rosey? You live to be negative.

wemissmoxey

No offense, but you're a ****. Go and support Plymouth Argyle or something. Where were you when things were rosey? You live to be negative.
please tell me where I am wrong ?

cityregular

The way we are playing at the moment, everyone agrees we need a spark for the team and some pace and width. Both are not easy things to find for any team, but surely we can get someone on loan from a Championship club, that can give us the kind of boost, Craig Noone did earlier this season. As if we don't I fear we will be relegated long before the last game of the season,

If this isn't possible, how about giving Elliott Frear a try out wide, as he seems to be highly rated by the club. Maybe he is too young at the moment, but surely he can't do any worse than the other players are at the moment. We need a spark for the team from somewhere and we can't keep relying on Stanno to provide it all the time.

Lets get some width in urgently!
When we signed Noone Tisdale & Perryman were full of praise for him,
'just what we needed -width--' since he went-- NOTHING! How long has he been gone?

grecIAN Harris

You're a bit slow gents. We've been having this discussion for the last 24 hours elsewhere.

wemissmoxey

You're a bit slow gents. We've been having this discussion for the last 24 hours elsewhere.
more like 4 months !

wiveygrecian

I so agree, anyone there yesterday would have heard me bemoaning the lack of width which indeed Brighton had.
The winger one side they had Lua Lua was not brilliant but he did hug the touchline and go passed Tully a few times and put in some good crosses.
When we got to the byline or crossed the ball it was so frustrating when Tully , Goldy and once Harley put in a pisspoor final ball, along the ground or with no pace.
It just made me and all around me so frustrated knowing we should and could be doing so much better with a natural wide player or two.
No wonder Haber never got a site of there goal, nothing ever came into the box.
I like Tulls and Goldy but generally they shouldnt be the ones crossing our final ball when they have'nt really got the talent to do it.
I can not think of one team we have played this season in league one who have not had a wide man or two in the starting lineup or at least on the bench.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I agree 110% we need a winger in the noone mould but these players at this level are expensive(to get the quality required) we got noone through being close to plymouth coz he needed some first team football

wemissmoxey

I would prefer an unpredictable winger than nothing at all,

any option with a bit of pace and direct attitude would be welcome