• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Trust Cup

IBA

Why don't we organise a cup competition for Trust owned clubs to play each other in the pre-season. Would be a way of adding interest to sometimes meaningless friendliess, could well raise extra income for all trust owned clubs
and opportunties to build links, networking and provide general solidarity with other Trusts/clubs.

Hunterwasmyhero

Lets hope we play Barca, home and away in the final :D

IBA

I quite fancy FC United in the semis!

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know that this was something Ian Huxham was keen to progress some time ago. It is not a bad idea, but would require the thumbs up from each of the clubs concerned (which I doubt would happen).

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
how bout we actually ask them rather than guess .. I'm sure we meet up at Supporters Direct conferences ...

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The other possibility must be the supporters getting together to play each other?

ECFC TOM

Sounds like a good idea to me. A bit of money raised, and the players or fans can have a kick around.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
I thought there already was a Supporters Direct Cup, usually involving flavour-of-the-month AFC Wimbledon.

edit: It appears so, linky thing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supporters_Direct_Cup

We could always play at Lincoln next season again. I liked it there.

Last edited:

Mike Blackstone

I thought there already was a Supporters Direct Cup, usually involving flavour-of-the-month AFC Wimbledon. .
Yes, I am sure there is as well.

Where do you 'draw theline' for if it is open to all Trust clubs, just have a look at the long list in Supporters' Direct magazine!!! Or are we saying purely clubs where the Trust has a majority control?

IBA

Personally I'd draw the line at the clubs where Supporters Trusts have majority control otherwise IMO it's bit pointless. Also I envisaged the actual teams rather than suporters playing for their clubs.