• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The What Should We Do With the Watkins Money Thread

Andy Holloway

I say that we should give it ALL to Danny to build up the women's team, then in 4 years time they'll be exactly where they are today - still playing at Cully and nowhere near any professional league! But as least he'll be happy, for a few weeks.

i8cornwall

I say that we should give it ALL to Danny to build up the women's team, then in 4 years time they'll be exactly where they are today - still playing at Cully and nowhere near any professional league! But as least he'll be happy, for a few weeks.
you where doing well till you said Danny would be happy, 3/10 for me on the wind up scale that.

lamrobhero

The reason being given for the woman's team not playing at SJP is because of the wear on the pitch. If a reasonable investment in the pitch will solve that problem then I think it should be done.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
The reason being given for the woman's team not playing at SJP is because of the wear on the pitch. If a reasonable investment in the pitch will solve that problem then I think it should be done.
I don't want to go down the women playing at SJP thing because there is a thread about the women's team already but its not just the pitch, At the moment it is financally not viable to open a stadium up for very few spectators, Even one stand you have to factor in so many things and the cost would not be worth it, If they went up the leagues and became more successful then yes but until then Danny boy should focus his efforts in getting the womens team playing within the city boundaries, That would be a great first step, But don't run before you can walk, As we know there are very few teams playing at the stadiums of their male counterparts. Sorry for the left turn of the thread but just wanted to say this. Now back on topic......................

Andy Holloway

It would be just like the Men's team playing there last week against FGR, nobody around! In fact there would probably be even less to watch than last week, and that's saying something. They need to be able to walk down their front drive before they attempt the London Marathon!

Dannyred

Just think if you had a non sexist brain you could be posting intelligent posts.

Can you work out how much lower the crowd would be without the female support at SJP ?

Some of the money should be spent on pitch.

Andy Holloway

Just think if you had a non sexist brain you could be posting intelligent posts.

Can you work out how much lower the crowd would be without the female support at SJP ?

Some of the money should be spent on pitch.
Would that be 'pitch' as in 'pitch' derived from oil and used for waterproofing, or ' The pitch' as in The Pitch at SJP!

When was the last time you actually attended a Women's game? Not all women who attend SJP support the Women's team, in fact by the crowd numbers at their games I'd say not many, if any! So even their own sex don't attend, unless they are family and/ or friends.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
What's wrong with playing at the cat and fiddle?

Dannyred

Would that be 'pitch' as in 'pitch' derived from oil and used for waterproofing, or ' The pitch' as in The Pitch at SJP!

When was the last time you actually attended a Women's game? Not all women who attend SJP support the Women's team, in fact by the crowd numbers at their games I'd say not many, if any! So even their own sex don't attend, unless they are family and/ or friends.
I am Actually going to a women’s match , my second since lockdown but previous to that I have been to every level of women’s football so I guess I know a little more than you about it.

Yes some of the money should be used to fix The Pitch at SJP.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Which individual shares would you buy ?

It can get better however it can get worse.
Renewable energy is a safe investment at the moment and for the foreseeable.