• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ticket Prices

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
As an off the cuff response I think your idea may have legs. A partial season ticket covering e.g. 20 games instead of 25 in a full ST. Could work well in committing some fans who ordinarily make it to evry other game to come more often?
The obvious problem I can see with that is that if there are say 500 of these partial season ticket holders and we have a near sell out then how does the club know who is going to turn up for what game? They'd have to reserve the space thus denying a paying punter for someone who may not turn up til the next game.

I think it's unworkable - it's gotta be a full season ticket or pay on the gate IMO.

SuperSantos

If we know it is gonna be a near sell out, after the Morecambe game I think we'll make it all ticket...

Phil Sayers

Very well known Exeweb poster
The obvious problem I can see with that is that if there are say 500 of these partial season ticket holders and we have a near sell out then how does the club know who is going to turn up for what game?
That may be the case with a partial season ticket valid for all games (even then I'm sure there are ways and means around it) but I can't see how it would be a problem with my original suggestion of a Saturday only season ticket. Given weekday crowds are generally 500+ lower I'm sure I'm not the only one who can almost always make Saturdays but hardly ever make weekdays.

Edit: Anyone know who would be the appropriate club official to contact?

Last edited:

grecian2005

How about the pay on the day customers get a card numbered 1-23 and each time they get stamped and at the end of the season or of FA Cup against Arsenal then that could be a determined factor on who gets priority for all ticket games?

Ian_Woodward

I think a trust-based deal on matchday prices is a great idea. Some people will contribute to the club monthly and it would be nice if they received a discount to games and it serves as a great incentive to get more people in the trust and make it stronger. And if/when we drop back to the mediocrity which has been the norm in the past 80 years, it is going to be the strength of the trust and its members that sees us through rather than casual attendees of one or two games a season.
wouldn't the club loose money tho? most people who are in the trust probaly pay £2 a month, say you give them discount for getting into games you won't really gain anything.

Lister

The obvious problem I can see with that is that if there are say 500 of these partial season ticket holders and we have a near sell out then how does the club know who is going to turn up for what game? They'd have to reserve the space thus denying a paying punter for someone who may not turn up til the next game.

I think it's unworkable - it's gotta be a full season ticket or pay on the gate IMO.
Super Ron,

If the partial ST only covered scheduled Saturday games then it would work fine as you'd know what to expect numbers wise even if a Saturday game is re-arranged to midweek. We'd know what the Saturday games are by mid June, so it would be nice to offer this class of customer some sort of deal :)

Interesting idea.

Last edited:

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Super Ron,

If the partial ST only covered scheduled Saturday games then it would work fine as you'd know what to expect numbers wise even if a Saturday game is re-arranged to midweek. We'd know what the Saturday games are by mid June, so it would be nice to offer this class of customer some sort of deal :)

Interesting idea.
True. But when we get knocked out of the FA Cup by Curzon Ashton and try to re-arrange a Tuesday game to a Saturday then it'll throw a spanner in the works ;)

Saint James

That may be the case with a partial season ticket valid for all games (even then I'm sure there are ways and means around it) but I can't see how it would be a problem with my original suggestion of a Saturday only season ticket. Given weekday crowds are generally 500+ lower I'm sure I'm not the only one who can almost always make Saturdays but hardly ever make weekdays.

Edit: Anyone know who would be the appropriate club official to contact?
Paul Morrish or Bruce Henderson

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
As I walked away from the DVS stadium one of the many happy thoughts to cross my mind was that I'd already paid for my ST next year during the early bird offer. It's good value if the prices stay put, but now they are likely to go up a bit I'm right chuffed.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
For this reason I would love a Saturday only season ticket to be an option and then pay on the gate for any big Tuesday nighters.

would appreciate Exeweb feedback first on whether people think it is a good idea - not aware of any other club doing it?
Thumbs up from me. Likewise I really struggle for mid-week homes but I try and do 3/4 of Saturday homes. Would happily buy one and the club would likely make more money from me unless the on the day prices go up significantly.