• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tickets Colchester Match - Club PR - Tickets selling fast!

Benguin

Plenty of room in our bit of the Bank and looked like empty seats over in the stands. Sold out ? Farce.
It's not the club's fault if the safety certificate is lower these days than it used to be. The capacity is about 8200 these days but obviously Colchester did not sell all their tickets.
You could easily fit 5000/6000 on the bank, but again if the authorities restrict the numbers what are the club to do.
As someone who was there throughout the dark days i would hardly call nearly 8000 a farce!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Big Bank had lots of toom to spare IMO

i8cornwall

Big bank was packed at the top in the two sections on the heart.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Bit strange that, I’m sure I’ve seen the BB even fuller to be honest. From the telly there seemed to be a lot of spare seats in the Stanno Stand!?
Loads of space at the bottom of the heart.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not the clubs fault if people don't turn up
So what was the reason for long lines of empty seats in the front row of the Stanno Stand ? Did a coach break down bringing a load to the match ? Shirley there must be reason ? :unsure:

Oldsmobile-88

So what was the reason for long lines of empty seats in the front row of the Stanno Stand ? Did a coach break down bringing a load to the match ? Shirley there must be reason ? :unsure:
On the front row there are lots seat backs but no seats,(I’ve no idea of the reason why)I assume you were looking from the IP Stand CB ?
It would appear from that vantage point that they are empty seats.

Grecian Max

The Bank always has a congregation of people to the middle section, I was in the block to the right of it and it was full but moveable. Always hard to compare as I think in the past Huddersfield and certainly Southend there were more in - one because the capacity was higher and one because it was massively oversold…

Colesman Ballz

On the front row there are lots seat backs but no seats,(I’ve no idea of the reason why)I assume you were looking from the IP Stand CB ?
It would appear from that vantage point that they are empty seats.
Thanks Olds, but that seems crazy, did we run out of money building the stand or summat ? :cool: Anyone who couldn't get a seat and was sitting at home watching I follow must have wondered wtf was going on ?

Cowshed Grecian

Thanks Olds, but that seems crazy, did we run out of money building the stand or summat ? :cool: Anyone who couldn't get a seat and was sitting at home watching I follow must have wondered wtf was going on ?
Exactly that I received a few texts from people I know who wanted to go but watched on ifollow as it was sold out, commenting on how many empty seats there were. Perhaps it’s something the club needs to look at? They’ve potentially missed out on getting an extra 700 people through the turnstiles. There was definitely 8250 at the Liverpool game.

Cowshed Grecian

The Port Vale game is sold out. Admittedly they’re not coming on a skateboard the amount of fuss they’ve made about tickets, it’ll be interesting to see what the attendance is for that 7440? Doesn’t make sense