• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Time for a new train line through the south west - train related news

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I can't copy and paste. Type Rail Adventure into Google.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster

DB9

So its a new prototype/engine someone (Maybe SWR) are testing and looking to bring into service?

Colesman Ballz

So its a new prototype/engine someone (Maybe SWR) are testing and looking to bring into service?
It looks like a pair of HST ( Intercity 125) power cars, that have been repurposed and given a new livery following withdrawal ? Maybe to promote the firm mentioned. Sorry I can't be more definite but I'm still stuck firmly in the age of steam ! :)

DB9

It looks like a pair of HST ( Intercity 125) power cars, that have been repurposed and given a new livery following withdrawal ? Maybe to promote the firm mentioned. Sorry I can't be more definite but I'm still stuck firmly in the age of steam ! :)
Maybe so, thought I'd ask on here anyway even though its like you say Steam Engines that most are interested in. It was just that being close up to it everything looked new, I did think it might have been a engine that runs the track to check/test the track, signals etc but it was like you say two engines put together with no "Middle Bit" where any computer testing stuff might be?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

DB9

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster

DB9

You were right on most of this CB, While i was at Fareham station this afternoon, Said train came rolling in and stopped, I managed to ask the driver about the train and what was it's function, They are old HST (Intercity 125) Engines and they have been repurposed and are going to be used after testing (Which they're doing now) by various train companies to get rolling stock to different stations around the network, They have also been fitted with various things so they can go on the Continent, Which he pointed out to me but TBH went over my head, without any problems, The company RailAdventure looks like they have been contracted to do the "Shunting" instead of the train companies themselves. So basically they're going to do the donkey work and i guess that'll be done overnight like a lot of frieght is too.

Oldsmobile-88

With numerous strikes imminent on the railways(I’ve lost count who’s striking when) I wonder where this is all going to lead for the railways ?
Can’t see how the disputes are going to end at the moment.