• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tis to Rotherham??!!

The Doctor

Sorry if this has been mentioned and I've missed it but...

I was reading the new League paper last night and on the back was a piece about Lawrie Sanchez being in pole position for the Millers job. It then went on to talk about the other candidates and I was bemused to read the following:

"Two league 1 managers are believed to have made private soundings about the role. Paul Tisdale is thought to be one. After two promotions from non league, he now has little scope at Exeter."

I haven't been very impressed with the new paper so far, so I didn't read anything into it and was mildly annoyed, but I thought it was interesting enough to be shared.

Any thoughts?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Sheesh. In the running for Swansea and Southampton, so would go instead for Rotherham?

Yeah, OK.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes, I read this and thought...what an utter load of bollox.

After turning down Swansea, shying away from the Saints (and maybe other suitors as well), can anyone really imagine him considering jumping ship to ply his trade at the Don Valley?

greenawayr

Sounds like they are taking the Sky Sports approach to reporting and bascially trawling through fans forums and if someone mentions a name, they run with it as if it's fact.

The laziest type of journalism and really gets on my goat.

How does he not have much scope with us, yet Rotherham who don't even have their own ground offer a bright new horizon?

Poultice

Any thoughts?
Looks pretty sound journalism to me.

Mackster

Sorry if this has been mentioned and I've missed it but...

I was reading the new League paper last night and on the back was a piece about Lawrie Sanchez being in pole position for the Millers job. It then went on to talk about the other candidates and I was bemused to read the following:

"Two league 1 managers are believed to have made private soundings about the role. Paul Tisdale is thought to be one. After two promotions from non league, he now has little scope at Exeter."

I haven't been very impressed with the new paper so far, so I didn't read anything into it and was mildly annoyed, but I thought it was interesting enough to be shared.

Any thoughts?
What scope would you have in a northern hell-hole on crowds of 3,500 in a borrowed athletics stadium?

I can't see any manager that is presently employed leaving their club to manage Rotherham. Well maybe Paul Sturrock.

Poultice

Well maybe Paul Sturrock.
Don't even think that.

In Luggy we trust.

ECFC '72

Laughing at the people showing their true colours
Sounds like they are taking the Sky Sports approach to reporting and bascially trawling through fans forums and if someone mentions a name, they run with it as if it's fact.
Assuming that as fact, you can understand why the "reporter" has such a low opinion of City, given the nonsense that gets splashed on Exeweb, so its possible to understand his slant on the thing.

ECFC '72

Laughing at the people showing their true colours
Don't even think that.

In Luggy we trust.
Quite right, love Luggy I do !

Mr Jinx

On the subject of Luggy...interesting to read the comments at the bottom of this article:

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/news/PILGRIMS-H*T-ROCK/article-1341367-detail/article.html