• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale confronts fan?

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
It is compounded by his less than accurate version on the radio, when he said he 'politely' offered a different opinon. That is not the case. He offered a foul-mouthed response.
Cheesie is rarely honest during his post match interviews.

Like you say the supporter is the paying customer, Tisdale gets paid to do his job and this kind of episode should be water off of a ducks back for a manager, not for Cheesie, he is far too precious.

Last edited:

Oldsmobile-88

When it happens, the manager should walk away, not go looking for the miscreant.

ECFC is meant to be a 'family club', run on behalf of its fans. To let this go by and promulgate a sanitised version makes a mockery of the supposed values espoused by the Trust and Club.

It would be no bad thing of the person whose rant caused the manager's ill-judged foray to apologise
I agree with the first point (Perhaps Dr Death is back from Australia ..:D)...

Not sure about ECFC being a family club...???...Perhaps they could ban the individuals who spout vile abuse i hear every week,directed at match officials & opposition players in general..( i do not mean general banter)

I expect we will all be waiting a long time for the apology...

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
So now you know. Tis has plenty of passion. He passionately believes in what he is doing, so much that he can keep believing even when things go against us. Shame some of our fans do not share this belief. I really do think he's wasting his breath on the boo boys/girls but I can understand his anger. There were three horrible bits of defending yesterday but otherwise we played really well. The second Wycombe goal came after we had comprehensively dominated play for about 20 minutes.

Giving strikers at this level so much space and time inside the box will cost and there's no doubt that this will be discussed with the defence (and defensive midfield actually down the middle at times). Krysiak letting in the second at that angle should not happen but he doesn't usually do that so we'll have to believe that he will iron that out. But Bauza's horrible pen was definitely the turning point and he will have to live with that, despite having a good game all round.

People's emotional reaction to games seem to hang more on single moments than an overview of overall progress. There was plenty to appreciate from our performance yesterday, and we showed good backbone after going behind. We can definitely get something at Colchester if we show better concentration and organistion better at the back.

The thing I really don't get is people thinking there is a deep problem to do with commitment or tactics. I witnessed neither yesterday, although I unfortunately saw some very bad defensive movement and covering on all three goals, one incidence of slack goalkeeping and the worst penalty I've ever seen live.

grecian55

I know the bloke who Tis had a word with ,travelled up with him ,we had 2 pints before the game ,watched a match, which we should of at least have got a point out of ,walked out the ground with said blokes brother who said ,in jest ,"he's probably moaning at the players " ,when his brother came back someone asked him what Tis had said and he said that "you should show some effing respect to the players as they have given their all " i didn't see the incident but we had a laugh about it a few times on the journey home as it was hardly a life changing incident was it , when i read what some people have written on here about the incident then you would think the bloke had robbed a pensioner of their life savings ,we live in a democracy ,free speech anyone ?

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
You sure you and Dimmers ain't twins, separated at birth ?
Could well be lol.

As i have said before maybe its my growing up and having alot more important things on my mind atm that im so relaxed about this all atm.

I love City i want us to play as high a level as possible but atm im happy with remaining in lge 1. May lack ambition for many but at this moment in time we are rebuilding slowly after 5 years of sustained success. Sometimes the rebuilding process means some lean years. But i really believe in the management team at City and i think its to soon to throw Tisdale out at a critical time in our rebuilding process.

I think next season could be better for us provided we can survive in lge 1 this season. I maybe wrong but f*ck it ide rather be positive personally. No need for the panic button as of yet for me.

I respect ya opionions Paultice, Grecian Jay and the everyone tbh but i just very much disagree with them... Great thing with exeweb tbh many opionions thrown together

Ian Sideman

lmao atm tbh.

exehausted2

"Never cuss crocodile til you dun cross bridge" (West Indian proverb).

andrew p long

When it happens, the manager should walk away, not go looking for the miscreant.
Sound advice. 'Leave it Tis, he's not worth it'.

Hammer44

Some lady was on here and said that Tisdale stated "Wheres your f*cking respect?" to a fan that was being negative to the players. When Tisdale was being asked "Wheres your respect for swearing" he walked away. Thats what I heard....

I think Tisdale showed passion!
Wish the team would show some if you loose 3-1 you can't be pleased!! Tis you need to get it together you are becoming a soft ride at the moment and with the players we have its not good enough.

Poultice

Sound advice. 'Leave us Tis, we've suffered enough'.
Amendedf for factuals.