• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale must go ...

Angus

Re: Tisdale must go

I cant believe nobody started a thread suggesting this ages ago.....
And it seems it's time for an update due to us being "outstanding" in the league.

Honestly I do wish my company was ran the same as Exeter City Football Club.

Ive not renewed my season ticket this year due to Paul being at helm. And, the same for next! As previously stated, the way we've spent the grimes money has been amazing but after this season it will seem a waste

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster

And after the Grimes money (less than claimed but clearly a decent wedge) we have a strong enoughsquad for mid-table mediocrity for the fourth season running
As £420,000 was included in this year's budget, and it is being paid in 4 tranches, then I would assume that the total would be £1.68m.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster

As £420,000 was included in this year's budget, and it is being paid in 4 tranches, then I would assume that the total would be £1.68m.
Is there any reason why they couldn't have paid up front, RW, other than being mean barstewards.? There are no loopholes which can allow them to avoid paying the full amount, are there?

Last edited:

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

Which makes me suspect there are conditions attached.

Swansea have paid out some £80 million in transfer fees over the past five years, they can afford one payment

MagzECFC

paperclip

Is there any reason why they couldn't have paid up front, RW, other than being mean barstewards.? There are no loopholes which can allow them to avoid paying the full amount, are there?
I'm quite pleased it's being paid in four tranches, as it effectively prevents Tagg and Co spunking all the money in one go and then reverting back to playing the poverty card in year two.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster

I don't think there are any loopholes to avoid them paying the full amount - a contract is a contract no matter what period it covers. Even if Swansea went into administration the football creditors 100% rule would always apply.

Clubs always like to keep as much cash in the bank as possible by delaying payments. However £420k a year (or however long between each tranch is) is still a huge sum for a club like us so I think we saw it as a way to get the biggest possible total rather than a discounted one off payment.

Antony Moxey

Pointless thread really as nothing will change regardless of league position or form - it's strange really as in most jobs if you under perform you dont get the job security we seem to give
Actually, I think it's entirely the opposite. When, outside of professional sport, was the last time you heard of someone getting the sack for underperforming? Everyone knows someone who's dreadful at their job and we've all gone home to complain to the other half about how dreadful they are yet they remain there year after year. Redundancies and closures apart, everyone has job security way beyond that which a football manager can expect.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster

Actually, I think it's entirely the opposite. When, outside of professional sport, was the last time you heard of someone getting the sack for underperforming? Everyone knows someone who's dreadful at their job and we've all gone home to complain to the other half about how dreadful they are yet they remain there year after year. Redundancies and closures apart, everyone has job security way beyond that which a football manager can expect.
In my job if you aren't hitting your targets week in week out and not progressing, then you are out on your ear.

Just saying

Antony Moxey

In my job if you aren't hitting your targets week in week out and not progressing, then you are out on your ear.

Just saying
So? Your one example doesn't mean it isn't so elsewhere. Trying getting rid of underperforming slackers in local authorities, it's an utter nightmare no matter how bad they are.