• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale or Westley ?

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
If you really want to see the difference between the two take a look at our free kick at Wycombe then follow it up with their fourth at Colchester.

Us, f*cking about and knobbing it up, them, well practiced, simple as f*ck, back of the net.

Says everything about it for me.

Rog H K

Tisdale for me.

Couldn't watch time wasting, cheating, bully boy football week in week out.

journeyman

But to be fair the Colchester defending was appalling.

Poultice

Tisdale for me.

Couldn't watch time wasting, cheating, bully boy football week in week out, mind you winning the odd game would be quite nice.
Amended for factuals.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tisdale everytime. Just dont like Westley and his brand of football personally. Ok we are struggling atm but overall tisdales brand of football and general approach to the game is lightyears ahead of Westleys. Also theres the Farnborough issue where Westley is rumoured to have been a naughty boy.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
These are not the only options. I remain convinced that it is possible to win playing positive and competitive but honest football. I don't want to win by cheating and time wasting, but equally I don't want to go down without a fight, saying "I thought we played well and kept our shape, apart from all the goals we let in and the fact that we didn't score or compete."

If I ever though it was not realistic to want to be be reasonably successful on our own terms by playing positive but competitive football I'd give up going to the games week in, week out.

Poultice

Tisdale everytime. Just dont like Westley and his brand of football personally. Ok we are struggling atm but overall tisdales brand of football and general approach to the game is lightyears ahead of Westleys. Also theres the Farnborough issue where Westley is rumoured to have been a naughty boy.
Yep, that says it all.

Hello divvy boy !

Stevo are in the play offs in just their second season out of the Conference, how does that put the Cheese Man "lightyears ahead" ?

They score more goals than us and concede far fewer, I'd say that puts Westley in a different league, next season they could easily be two in front of us.

Not much coffee smelling going on around here.

heathy1

One thing is for sure if any other club comes sniffing for Westley, he'll be gone in a flash

Stevenage are doing this year what we did last year. They will be nowhere in two years time.

Poultice

Stevenage are doing this year what we did last year. They will be nowhere in two years time.
I don't recall us getting into the play off zone at any point last season ?

We sneaked into the frame uber late on, Stevanage are there on merit.