• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale wants noone to turn on the style

Mike Blackstone

Nope, i saw that having seen him playing for Southport, Mike recommended him to us. However how does that mean we would have got him for nowt? I know we are on fairly good terms with Southport but are they really so flushed that they would give us a player for free that they could get a hundred grand for?
I recommended him before he went to Southport. I saw him play for Burscough.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Gone by the end of the week then. ;)
Yeah, the dreaded kiss of death:D

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
I recommended him before he went to Southport. I saw him play for Burscough.
Mike, may I ask, what kind of response did you recieve from the club with your recommendation?

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
Surely the club get many many tips about which players to look at.

They hardly deserve to be slated if one of them goes on to blossom - indeed credit to ECFC for getting the lad on loan (doubtless in part due to our reputation for good football and good coaching).

Sorry Mike, you did say elsewhere, who's the next one to watch - was it Barlow at Trafford Wotsits (City - pay bleedy attention this time).

I'd be more disappointed if our manager were to pick up and act on tips from fans of our club. Obviously Mike was right about this signing but as Alan points out, I imagine they receive a lot of tips from Tom, D*ck and Harry and couldn't possibly have them all checked out. Especially as we would have been a conference side then and not had the resources to go out on a limb to check up on a player who may well be cack.

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
He only came on the radar because he went to Plymouth. I honestly believe our ability to identify, track and acquire players from more than 100 miles away is virtually non existent and please don't cite Spurs as this is totally down to SP or Grays and Eastbourne as this was down to the departed JY who, by the way, didn't get the Grays job. (Julian D*cks can you believe)

Last edited:

morpheus

Noone put in a promising second-half display on Saturday, providing the kind of direct attacking wing-play we've been missing since, well since Deano left. He was though despite the goal, not the star of the show, the underrated - by some anyway - Harley took that accolade again, and has a lot to prove.

Clearly he's the type of player we need and produced some evidence that he may be able to do a job for us but but let's see what he can do over a number of games and how Tis and the coaching staff bring him on. Like Alan suggests, having a whinge at the management for not bringing him in earlier on the strength of one tip off does seem faintly ludicrous. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but the jury for now is still out on Mr Noone although I suspect he'll develop into a much better player at Exeter than he ever will at Plymouth under their current set up.

morpheus

He only came on the radar because he went to Plymouth. I honestly believe our ability to identify, track and acquire players from more than 100 miles away is virtually non existent and please don't cite Spurs as this is totally down to SP or Grays and Eastbourne as this was down to the departed JY who, by the way, didn't get the Grays job. (Julian D*cks can you believe)
Didn't Tis address this over the summer?

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
When Devon (and Weston-super-Mare) are so full of talent, it would be mad (and environmentally irresponsible) to dash around the country looking at players. :)

Just as Flamengo scouts nip down to the beach and pick the best of the footballers, so we can take a stroll on the pebbles of Budleigh Salterton and come back with half a dozen talented teenagers. :)

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
Didn't Tis address this over the summer?
How? I must have missed it