• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tom Carroll

Ashford Grecian

not been the biggest fan this season but was excellent yesterday and that pass was sublime

JGrecian23

Funny one isn't he. He's today's David Noble in my eyes. One of those players that has this reputation of 'he's better than those around him', yet he isn't.

Constantly slows the game down (perfectly acceptable in some circumstances but not evrrytime), bottles any challenges, refuses to look forward, isn't capable of using his right foot for even a 5 yard pass, is dreadful at corners and hits the First man time and time again.

Yet after all that, he got the assist today (decent cross after his previous terrible corners) and you read comments about him 'controlling the game'

I never liked Noble and found him frustrating as hell, and this guy is the same. Most think he's great but I would rather have Cole in there next to Woods and/or Kite.

Grecianpasty

Funny one isn't he. He's today's David Noble in my eyes. One of those players that has this reputation of 'he's better than those around him', yet he isn't.

Constantly slows the game down (perfectly acceptable in some circumstances but not evrrytime), bottles any challenges, refuses to look forward, isn't capable of using his right foot for even a 5 yard pass, is dreadful at corners and hits the First man time and time again.

Yet after all that, he got the assist today (decent cross after his previous terrible corners) and you read comments about him 'controlling the game'

I never liked Noble and found him frustrating as hell, and this guy is the same. Most think he's great but I would rather have Cole in there next to Woods and/or Kite.
I don't agree that he constantly slows the game down. He retains possession and slows the game down, when he thinks that we need to retain possession. Let's not forget that he played little football for two years before coming to us. Overall, I've been impressed. I would rather have him over Kite any day.

Bridgy 81

290 appearances at mostly Premier League and Championship level with some at League One.
Oh, plus 17 U21 England caps.
Good job you’re not our Manager.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)

Carroll didn't get the assist today, it was Aitchison with the cross. Carroll has been a good signing though and has played more games than I expected playing in 36 league games and starting 31. I get your point that sometimes he slows the game too much, but you could also look at it that he calms the game down for us as well which is important to how we play. Each to their own obviously, but I would like him to be here next season if possible, but expect him to probably want to be back within the London area. Really hope we can get Woods back with us somehow next season as he has been excellent!

JGrecian23

290 appearances at mostly Premier League and Championship level with some at League One.
Oh, plus 17 U21 England caps.
Good job you’re not our Manager.
I'm always happy when you disagree with me. How dare anyone say anything remotely negative hey? Keep that head buried in the sand old boy.

JGrecian23

Carroll didn't get the assist today, it was Aitchison with the cross. Carroll has been a good signing though and has played more games than I expected playing in 36 league games and starting 31. I get your point that sometimes he slows the game too much, but you could also look at it that he calms the game down for us as well which is important to how we play. Each to their own obviously, but I would like him to be here next season if possible, but expect him to probably want to be back within the London area. Really hope we can get Woods back with us somehow next season as he has been excellent!
I thought it was Carroll who crossed it, my mistake.

I fully expect to be in the minority regarding Carroll, just not my type of player. Too slow and loses us too much momentum.

Agree regarding Woods, thought he was excellent today.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I thought it was Carroll who crossed it, my mistake.

I fully expect to be in the minority regarding Carroll, just not my type of player. Too slow and loses us too much momentum.

Agree regarding Woods, thought he was excellent today.
Woods was very good, energetic, zippy passes and it was great to see someone slide in and win a tackle for a change.

Tom Carroll is evidently a fine pro and had a fine career and no doubt is comfortable in possession, i do feel his passing is too safe though at times, there was a point think it was first half when he turned and had 10-15 yards of grass ahead of him to run into and he stopped and passed it sideways…..

he’s a steady eddy but sometimes it would be nice to see him take a risk

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Woods was very good, energetic, zippy passes and it was great to see someone slide in and win a tackle for a change.

Tom Carroll is evidently a fine pro and had a fine career and no doubt is comfortable in possession, i do feel his passing is too safe though at times, there was a point think it was first half when he turned and had 10-15 yards of grass ahead of him to run into and he stopped and passed it sideways…..

he’s a steady eddy but sometimes it would be nice to see him take a risk
there were several attempted risky passes today that found nobody

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Carroll will move on at the end of the season, I’m pretty sure

The club should be doing all they can to get Woods in on a 2 year, as a proper McDonald replacement