• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Torquay Utd versus the Exeter City Pre Season Friendly Saturday 22nd July 3.00 p.m. Kickoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
No I wasn't because I don't consider PSF to be that important. Certainly not important enough to get so upset about. You sound exactly the sort of 'football fan' that I met outside Old Trafford in 2005 calling for Fergie to be sacked because they didn't beat Exeter City. Talk about overreacting.
I talked my way out of a very lively situation with a dozen or so of their MiB in a Manchester pub around midnight by suggesting the draw for us was like winning the European cup. They found it funny enough not to stove me and my mates heads in.

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Have a feeling this interview will frustrate a few people as I was expecting him to be a lot more scathing of the performance.
What exactly would have being scathing achieved?

eurogrecian

Of course I wasn’t there, but I never read a great deal into PSFs (good or bad).
There is certainly a good deal of rebuilding to do after the significant departures over the summer, but until proved otherwise, we need to trust the manager and get behind the team.
UTC and looking forward to another season in L1.

scottus86

Jeeeeesus! We lost a preseason friendly against Torquay, pretty sure that happened this time last year too.

I think we have a good enough squad to be mid table again and that's what matters.

My only really big concern is the goalkeeper, does this Villa Goalie really offer us anything we don't already have?

HarryECFC

Not sure why Lewis Collins put his middle finger up to our standing terrace after scoring the first goal.

Terrible performance, think after a summer of training in the sun all the players forgot what it’s like controlling a ball in wet winter conditions. They were playing a dangerous game, making wild slide tackles completely unnecessarily putting players seasons in risk in uncontrolled ways. Won’t be surprised if you don’t see us playing them in any further pre season friendlies or indeed again for a long time what with our large differences in leagues.

We should not be getting physically done over by a group of kids though, they weren’t a big experienced team.

dontpassback

No more preseason friendly games against the gulls would suit me fine.Johnson sent his team out to rough us up,and we weren’t man enough to see it out !

dontpassback

You have to remember these are cup finals for Torquay and reading between to lines the game was to big for the ref.
Having reffed many a game at this level the ref was out to make point instead of using good old common sense.
It’s a pre season friendly and listening to GC comments.
Getting players and managers together for chat would have been a better course of action but know Gary Johnson he wanted to make a point to his fans and by reckless tackles a a poor ref this obviously worked.
I was not at the game but I would like to hear from someone who was.
We were bad last year defensively and the personnel hasn’t changed or was the new keeper that bad
The new keeper was erratic and not imho up to it,woods or Harry lee would be better options

exespur

Defence needs to be strengthened but it appears to me that they went out there to kick us! It's preseason there's no need for that so I'll look at the result in that respect and hopenfor better Tuesday

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well you’re only as good as your last performance I suppose, but I’d be more worried if this was a completely new and untried defence and not one we know can compete in LG1 week in, week out. The hyperbolic Exeweb reaction to this poor performance by some on here is laughable.
A defense we know can compete…….where do get that idea. Last season an experienced keeper this season a relative rooKid and no one to lead and calm proceedings down like Kevin McDonald used to do.

Last edited:

Benguin

Pre- season friendly. Move on. Will base all my opinions after the first couple of games of the real season.

Status
Not open for further replies.