• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It's all going to happen today! Wheeling and dealing and the management team also need to travel to Burton.

I'm expecting two frontmen, and maybe a defender. Will they be permanent signings or a mix of permanent and loanees?

A day off sat in front of the laptop/phone would have been a good idea!

larrywilkie

Good luck everyone. It's going to be some ride today, but I have faith in what the management and recruitment team are doing.

milts

Need 4, think we’ll get 2.

Hoping for some permanent signings.

SimonBB

2 strikers and 1 more to play behind the front man.
1 defender in and out on loan.
Borges also needs game time so wonder if he’ll get 6 months somewhere

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Hopefully just the youngsters going out on loan. I worry though we might lose someone like Hartridge.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sounds obvious , but today will probably define our season. No one ( can’t believe that for one minute) , and our squad will be too thin and we’ll drift to mid table especially when a few injuries kick in. Two or three really good additions and I think we’ll be up there fighting with the best.
I have faith in Gary on this one.Come on you Reds…….

Ex-ciderrr

Busy day, believe GC and the team behind the scenes are working hard to get the best players possible to our club. Crazy day for him travelling to Burton today aswell, I’m sure the current squad are in good hands regards match prep with KN and perks. While GC does any deals/ business with flitcroft I’d presume.

Notifications are switched on for the day, looking forward to seeing how the day unfolds

UTC

We need more Finns. They are doing a great job on and off the pitch. Pukki :unsure:

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Okay, with all the pre last day malarkey we have finally arrived, needing a minimum of two strikers and wanting another midfielder and at the current rate our CD’s are racking up the yellows possibly another defender.

Swiss Roll has pumped out some names such as Alfie Pond and Callum Morton ( who may or may not have failed a medical) and Eaves. We know that Pond has gone to Stockport and who knows about the other two although Morton has been reported by others as well.

He also throws in speculation about Hartridge, which I can see with how he has started the season and has only 9 months left on his contract so like Big Sam if the offer is good enough then that could be a scenario, unlike big Sam we do have immediate cover in Jules, and Again would emphasise the need for another defender

We have two loanee slots left but we are still waiting on the rumour about Harris from Fulham and like our dealings with them last year that could be very last minute.

On the striker front as well as Eaves and Morton we have been linked with another premier club loanee in Admiral Muskwe From Luton in national media outlets. It is reported we have had a bid rejected for Harry Cardswell at Southend and there is another rumour doing the circuits about Will Evans from Newport County, with both Southend and Newport County desperately needing cash to see themselves through to possible takeovers.

I think that’s about it for the start of the day, let’s see how it progresses

Welcome aboard Admiral Muskwe