• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer Rumours 2020/21

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
You having a baby ?
I was being silly in the response to the denial above

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
didn’t the Peterborough owner deny that they were in for Tom Nichols before then ...erm...signing Tom Nichols ....and then (effectively) saying ‘well I was lying, but you have to lie in these situations’?

ryancooper327

Free agent (I think) wingers (according to transfermarkt):

Will Buckley - 30 - ex Bolton
Joe Dodoo - 25 - ex Bolton
Rhys Browne - 24 - ex Port Vale (and Yeovil)
Michael Jacobs - 28 - ex Wigan
Alex Kiwomya - 24 - ex Doncaster
Duncan Watmore - 26 - ex Sunderland
Callum McManaman - 29 - ex Luton

Obviously some would be more likely than others but if Randell was to be replaced. We currently have Nicky Law - though I think he is best centrally, Randall, Key and Iseguan as options on the wings.

I personally think, if there are any signings, any priority order should now be CB, RW, ST.

Last edited:

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well he sounds sh!te...

Grecianpasty

Duncan Watmore was scoring in the Premier league and playing for England under 21s less than 4 years ago, and he's only 26. That's some fall from grace at such a young age.

Rosencrantz

Duncan Watmore was scoring in the Premier league and playing for England under 21s less than 4 years ago, and he's only 26. That's some fall from grace at such a young age.
He has had two really bad knee injuries and would have been on a newly signed Premier League contract just before his injury. Both probably are why Sunderland let him go. He probably needs somewhere to get properly match fit, and to prove he can get fit. Probably still above our pay grade though. Shows how precarious a sports career can be.

Grecianpasty

He has had two really bad knee injuries and would have been on a newly signed Premier League contract just before his injury. Both probably are why Sunderland let him go. He probably needs somewhere to get properly match fit, and to prove he can get fit. Probably still above our pay grade though. Shows how precarious a sports career can be.
Like you say, having signed a contract in the Premier league he will be expecting championship wages with only league Two and average league one teams willing to pay that. Most of those players are going to need to settle for a lot less.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Free agent (I think) wingers (according to transfermarkt):

Will Buckley - 30 - ex Bolton
Rhys Browne - 24 - ex Port Vale (and Yeovil)
Michael Jacobs - 28 - ex Wigan
Alex Kiwomya - 24 - ex Doncaster
Duncan Watmore - 26 - ex Sunderland
Callum McManaman - 29 - ex Luton

Obviously some would be more likely than others but if Randell was to be replaced. We currently have Nicky Law - though I think he is best centrally, Randall, Key and Iseguan as options on the wings.

I personally think, if there are any signings, any priority order should now be CB, RW, ST.
I've always rated Alex Kiwomya as a player. Not really kicked on as I think he should have.

Rosencrantz

I've always rated Alex Kiwomya as a player. Not really kicked on as I think he should have.
Joe Dodoo could have the same said about him too. Burst on the scene early in his career showing promise at Leicester in the Cup's but has been on a downward trend since.

Corey

Joe Dodoo has been announced today as having joined some club in Turkey....