• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfers in/outs Summer of 2023 and Retained list

DawlishBouy

chance to see and judge him today as Ross County's game is live on Sky Sports Football at 4pm!
In the previous game he came on as sub at half time and was, according to the ratings on the BBC website, Ross's third worst player. I've seen all of the Championship play off matches on the BBC and they have been very entertaining. Unfortunately the final two legs are on Sky which I don't have.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Rubbish tip but I've been told someone has signed, announced Monday I would guess.
I didn't think the transfer window was open yet for EFL clubs, or does it not apply to free agents?

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I didn't think the transfer window was open yet for EFL clubs, or does it not apply to free agents?
Transfer window is from the 14th, I believe. Free agents are anytime.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
You can sign still sign them up but the registration won't be effective until their current deal expires.

ryancooper327

Southampton looking to loan us a CB apparently. Wouldn’t mind Ballard their CF on loan but wouldn’t want to impede Sonny Cox.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Southampton looking to loan us a CB apparently. Wouldn’t mind Ballard their CF on loan but wouldn’t want to impede Sonny Cox.
It's likely to be Dynel Simeu coming in on loan?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Stockdale has gone to York City as goalie and head of recruitment.

Red Monster

Stockdale has gone to York City as goalie and head of recruitment.
Stockdale’s downfall was having some banter with BB about Dawson and losing
concentration.
Soon after letting Jake Caprice shot past him.
He never recovered his season after that.

DawlishBouy

It's likely to be Dynel Simeu coming in on loan?
Or Nico Lawrence who's been on loan at Torquay and was apparently very good.

Bridgy 81

I’ve just conducted a very unscientific study of Simeu and Lawrence by looking at photos of them in action.
I’m always intrigued by which foot potential signings appear to favour, so I can anticipate where they may fit into our squad.
Simeu, in photos when he’s in space and not under pressure seemed to always use his right, whereas Lawrence appears to use both in the same circumstances.
Therefore, on the basis of us needing CB cover more on the left, I’d go for Lawrence out of the two.
But, Simeu is a bit older and has more league experience.
So, I’d accept either.
Pretty straightforward this recruitment malarkey, I haven’t even left my couch.