• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust AGM motion re Trust appointed directors

Matt Russell

I am Pete Martin (I think) :D
You think therefore you are.

John William

Very well known Exeweb poster
I am Pete Martin (I think) :D
"At least, I think I must be."

"There you go, man, stay as cool as you can..."

[How many Exewebbers know that lyric, I wonder?]

PeteUSA

So I'm going to all this trouble, paying out to rejoin the trust, and I cant vote!!? I was given to understand that voting by proxy was permisable?

Matt Russell

So I'm going to all this trouble, paying out to rejoin the trust, and I cant vote!!? I was given to understand that voting by proxy was permisable?
Oh PeteUSA - voting by proxy is permitted for AGM resolutions. Have you ever, in any election, been allowed to vote by proxy? We still put a cross in a box here for General Elections, no hanging chads!

PeteUSA

Oh PeteUSA - voting by proxy is permitted for AGM resolutions. Have you ever, in any election, been allowed to vote by proxy? We still put a cross in a box here for General Elections, no hanging chads!
Excuse me. In either this, or another thread, it was clearly stated that voting by proxy would be permissable! If its not, it'll be so in house with the old pals act that none of the existing four will have to step down!

Matt Russell

PeteUSA, there are five candidates standing for four vacant positions on the Trust Board.
You, if you join, and we who already have, are not voting for candidates from the Trust Board to become members of the Club Board

PeteUSA

PeteUSA, there are five candidates standing for four vacant positions on the Trust Board.
You, if you join, and we who already have, are not voting for candidates from the Trust Board to become members of the Club Board
So originally, why did you think a vote at all was a lousy idea, and objected to Red Bills succesful motion? What was there to get upset about when the suggestion of a vote was put forward?

Matt Russell

So originally, why did you think a vote at all was a lousy idea, and objected to Red Bills succesful motion? What was there to get upset about when the suggestion of a vote was put forward?
Please point me to where I have said that having a vote was a lousy idea.
The confusion over votes and what Trust members are voting for is all yours, as I have pointed out. Voting in elections for TB candidates is by ballot. Voting for AGM motions is by a show of hands at the AGM or with already lodged proxy votes. None of these is considered by me to be a lousy way of conducting Trust affairs. Hope that is clear enough!

PeteUSA

Okay, so I was wrong. I thought the vote was to replace members of the trust board who sit on the club board. Hence my familiarity breeds contempt comment. The replacement of them is way overdue IMHO.

Spoonz Red E

"At least, I think I must be."

"There you go, man, stay as cool as you can..."

[How many Exewebbers know that lyric, I wonder?]
From Birmingham's finest prog pub band (of course you are my bright little star) sponsored by Mitchells & Butlers.