• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust Board Election - Hustings and deadline for questions

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
At least we got to see what most of the candidates look like. Thank you. Hopefully, as you hope, we will get recordings of much more Trust events.

Cygnus

Thanks for posting the video Pete, it's given a taster for us all and it's definitely a great pity there isn't the whole of the Hustings, as I think making it available to us all would without doubt have increased the amount of members voting.

Hearing that the Trust board decided not to have an Official video of the Hustings beggars belief. That's like Trump and Hilary having their Presidential Debate tonight only in front of an audience, with no TV coverage! It makes me feel even more that it's time for new blood on the Trust board that can embrace openness and the modern world we live in. For example we have to look at on-line voting for future elections etc.

PeteUSA

Thanks for posting the video Pete, it's given a taster for us all and it's definitely a great pity there isn't the whole of the Hustings, as I think making it available to us all would without doubt have increased the amount of members voting.

Hearing that the Trust board decided not to have an Official video of the Hustings beggars belief. That's like Trump and Hilary having their Presidential Debate tonight only in front of an audience, with no TV coverage! It makes me feel even more that it's time for new blood on the Trust board that can embrace openness and the modern world we live in.
While we all know the names of the four trust board members who sit on the club board, perhaps I'm drawing a wild assumption here that they didnt want to be identified or filmed, because (surprise, surprise!) they'd stick out like a sore thumb as being totally pro Tagg in some of the comments they might make?.

As an asside: Could a hand held mic not be passed around when each contestant (is that the right word?) gives out his speech? I had my speakers up full blast, and both hearing aids at max. and I still couldnt pick up a lot! I suppose sub-titles would be too expensive?

Phillip

While we all know the names of the four trust board members who sit on the club board, perhaps I'm drawing a wild assumption here that they didnt want to be identified or filmed, because (surprise, surprise!) they'd stick out like a sore thumb as being totally pro Tagg in some of the comments they might make?.

As an asside: Could a hand held mic not be passed around when each contestant (is that the right word?) gives out his speech? I had my speakers up full blast, and both hearing aids at max. and I still couldnt pick up a lot! I suppose sub-titles would be too expensive?
Wild assumption would be an improvement for you and your usual approach of just making stuff up.

For information the two members of the club board who are up for election as trustees and appeared yesterday were Pete Holding and Paul Farley.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Ummm..... there is only one current trustee who is on the club board seeking re-election to the Trust board this time around and he had no objection whatsoever to filming (and neither, incidentally, did any of the other candidates).

PeteUSA

Ummm..... there is only one current trustee who is on the club board seeking re-election to the Trust board this time around and he had no objection whatsoever to filming (and neither, incidentally, did any of the other candidates).
I'm all out of theories then.

Red Bill

As a response to some of the justifiable criticisms about statements made at Saturday's hustings, I have just posted a statement on the Trust Facebook page.

iscalad

As a response to some of the justifiable criticisms about statements made at Saturday's hustings, I have just posted a statement on the Trust Facebook page.
For some reason I can't find this. Any chance of a link?

Pete Martin (CTID)

For some reason I can't find this. Any chance of a link?
Link is HERE

simcity

I haven't watched it so don't know if it's all of it but a 2 hour video was posted on Facebook over the weekend

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1391911861025161/permalink/1799224930293850/