• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust Elections 2014/15

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
Does anyone know when there will next be elections to the Trust BoS and, if so, how many places are likely to be available?

I have been very reluctant to mess with the election process - whereby people stand as individual candidates - but perhaps the time has come to form some sort of 'party' as it were, so we know which candidates are serious about returning the club to supporter-led principles.

PS: I've been broadly off-Exeweb for years, so apologies if this has been done to death previously.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Conway has to step down
Laurence Overend and Bernadette Coates and Andy Bratt have done three years

I wonder if Andy Beer and Elaine might go for the vote as they have been co-opted onto the trust...

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorry, Lez, can you spell that our with any dates that you have please. Thanks mate.

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
From memory last months meeting stated that timelines, numbers etc would be confirmed....they did say all online applications would be possible...

AndyR

I think this is precisely the sort of initiative that is called for, and which will hopefully lead to the return to the Trust of those who have left in despair. Not you Grecian Jay..... ;)

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
As Adam says, the Trust are due to discuss TB elections in October at their next regular meeting, if events don't overtake things.

According to the Trust Rules (Constitution) there must ne no fewer than 9 and no more that 15 members of the Trust Board. There are currently 10 members of the TB, one of who (Elaine Davies) is co-opted; up to 5 co-opted members are allowed, but elected members must be in the majority at any meeting.

Ander Beer is not AFAIK a voting member of the TB but attends their meetings as does the Secretary Nick Hawker.

As Les says, Roger Conway has to step down having served two consecutive three year terms. He cannot stand again (or be co-opted? - this is unclear) for a year, then the clock resets.

The other three have served three years and are eligible to stand for election again. The number and makeup of the TB is entirely at the command of the then-existing TB members, subject to the Rules. Trust Board will presumably put at least three, and possibly more, place up for election.

The Trust also discussed (but did not formally adopt) at their last meeting some improved procedures for elections. One change is that online proposals and seconders will be permitted [I can testify that it's a real pain having to run round getting personal signatures from your proposers!]; another is that Trust and Club Board members should no longer propose or second candidates, as this may be an unfair advantage [though in current circumstances perhaps not...].

Watch this space.

[for avoidance of doubt I have stated several times that I do not intend to be a candidate myself]

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think this is precisely the sort of initiative that is called for, and which will hopefully lead to the return to the Trust of those who have left in despair. Not you Grecian Jay..... ;)
Don't worry I won't interfere.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
As Adam says, the Trust are due to discuss TB elections in October at their next regular meeting, if events don't overtake things.

According to the Trust Rules (Constitution) there must ne no fewer than 9 and no more that 15 members of the Trust Board. There are currently 10 members of the TB, one of who (Elaine Davies) is co-opted; up to 5 co-opted members are allowed, but elected members must be in the majority at any meeting.

Ander Beer is not AFAIK a voting member of the TB but attends their meetings as does the Secretary Nick Hawker.

As Les says, Roger Conway has to step down having served two consecutive three year terms. He cannot stand again (or be co-opted? - this is unclear) for a year, then the clock resets.

The other three have served three years and are eligible to stand for election again. The number and makeup of the TB is entirely at the command of the then-existing TB members, subject to the Rules. Trust Board will presumably put at least three, and possibly more, place up for election.

The Trust also discussed (but did not formally adopt) at their last meeting some improved procedures for elections. One change is that online proposals and seconders will be permitted [I can testify that it's a real pain having to run round getting personal signatures from your proposers!]; another is that Trust and Club Board members should no longer propose or second candidates, as this may be an unfair advantage [though in current circumstances perhaps not...].

Watch this space.

[for avoidance of doubt I have stated several times that I do not intend to be a candidate myself]
Am very disappointed that you won't, although fully understand why. However, I fell that you, Al and even Hatch, Bitts would be good to stand for election. Wouldn't be so easy to be shouted down if there's a few of you all wanting the same thing.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Am very disappointed that you won't, although fully understand why. However, I fell that you, Al and even Hatch, Bitts would be good to stand for election. Wouldn't be so easy to be shouted down if there's a few of you all wanting the same thing.
I'm not quite in the realms on "If nominated, I will not run; if elected, I will not serve" [William T. Sherman, after whom the tank is names] yet, but having been through it once it'd take a lot to change my mind.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm not quite in the realms on "If nominated, I will not run; if elected, I will not serve" [William T. Sherman, after whom the tank is names] yet, but having been through it once it'd take a lot to change my mind.
So, If I PM'd you three times a day, every day, between now and when the time to put yourself forward is here, would that help you change your mind ;)

You don't suffer fools gladly. I would consider rejoining the trust if you and those named in my previous posts or people with the same ethos put themselves forward for election.